m4 gbb how good are these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4 gbb how good are these

realistically how good are these as loads of people seem to be selling them once they have been bought is this due to them being generally lame

whats better electric or gas dont get my wrong i have had a go on gbb m4's but is it just a novelty?
    DOE ODA Lead Scout
    Airsoft team recruiting please pm me for details.

Re: m4 gbb how good are these

Look in the reviews section.

Generally you'll see the WE ones up for sale, i dislike them, prefer the AGM or WA or G&P models.

The AGM is definatly a skirmishable weapon, not just novelty, and is near silent with a silencer on (something I wasnt expecting as I thought the blowback would make alot of noise)

The WA needs upgrading with steel internals before its skirmishable

The G&P is about £500 to get into the UK and is regarded as the best GBB m4, fully upgraded internal and external and is just a buetiful gun, but, the agm is £300 less and is full metal and seems to work on par with it :P
    Dboys KAC PDW - PEQ - Lipo - 2x midcaps - £150ono
    Classic Army B&T MP5A5 - Battery - 2x midcaps - £200ono
    2x Clone M9 GBB - 1 Mag Each - £50ea ono

Comment

Careful which one you get, some GBB run a bit hot for airsoft sites.

Comment

Just run it on 134a if thats an issue.

Or buy the power adjustable bolts

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth1911 View Post
          Just run it on 134a if thats an issue.
          That. I'm also pretty certain you void the warrenty if you run it on anything higher.

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
            That. I'm also pretty certain you void the warrenty if you run it on anything higher.
            Oh well, no warranty for me!

Who actually buys an AGM GBB and worries about the warranty?

tbf, the only one i'd use on green gas and expect to last properly is the G&P as its all steel internals, teh WA definatly wont last (as my freinds WA proved) and ive no real experience with the WE on green gas so cant comment.

edit: most the green gas comments are becuase in japan a green gas GBB will run about 500-550fps, due to the temperature, in the UK my agm chronoes at 345 with .2's on green gas

Comment

The WE out of the box works on Co2/green gas. Any less though and it wont cycle properly.

My favorite gbb atm, just stick in some .40 bbs and it a killer

Will have a total of 4 soon :D

Comment

Hopefully got a WOC coming in a few days, I'll let you know after I have skirmished it :P. Remember you have to use lower than low caps, mags are hella expensive, and you have recoil. I suppose it depends what you like, if your a semi kind of guy anyway, you may enjoy the silence and feel over a spray of plastic.

I think they are quite romantic compared to electric guns, something about having a battery makes the whole thing more trivial. I have heard however that the AGM mags are utter toss, and that GHK are the ones to get on the WA platform (WA AGM AND G&P I think are all the same platform) Though the AGM mags are silly cheap and hold 50 rounds so might be worth taking the risk there!

How often do you crack out your pistol just to feel the cool embrace of a clank and recoil? If never then I guess AEG all the way, if at every given opportunity, and sometimes when I really shouldn't, then maybe a GBB rifle will keep you out of trouble?
                Trader Feedback:-t0astie

Comment

i was tempted by these but not going to bother at the minute till they come down in price as it will only for garden usage and the coolness of stripping it down and the recoil.

but something is up with them as there are loads in the forsale section

My Rating

Comment

for me it was GBB M4.. or systema - but systema win

i know they are leagues apart - but still

the only way to know is to use one
                    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

its not really a choice of GBB M4 vs systema, you can get a capable GBB m4 for £150-200, you certainly cant get a systema for that, even a G&P WOC is £500 new, second hand systemas are nearly double that.

The standard AGM mags arent toss, theyre bloody good, ive got 3 GHK mags on the way and will rate them when they arrive, but they cost me £40 posted to the UK so I can hardly argue.

its completely differnet to using an AEG, with my gun properly lubricated i can now fire a full 40 rds out without any cooldown issues, and semi has become far crisper, its silly accurate and damn consistent even with "recoil"

Its all down to what you prefer, with an AEG youve always got hte fact you can just spray 90rds with a mid, or 300 with a highcap, with a GBB m4 your game style changes, you naturally pay more attention and aim your shots far better, definatly not a spray an pray gun, more of a hunters weapon

Comment

for most people no but thats what it came down to - dont ask how

agreed with the realism aspect of mags, thats why ive allways used low caps with my aegs

might get one further down the road but want them to be more refined first
                        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I mean, from the reliability side of it, the systema wins for now, but the initial outlay a decent GBB can be had for alot less than a systema, the G&P WOC is the most refined a GBB M4 will get, seriously, uses the best system, the best internals and to top it off some damn nice worksmanship on the bodies.

Comment

well see how the performance and reliability goes

i hate opening things...

to the OP - neither are better- both are entirely different systems, the one that is best depends on your preference like stealth was saying before

Comment

i have the WE and think its awesome, im also going to order my scar GBB next week, as long as u don't mind the mid caps i think they are great.. i think people are selling them as they don't necessarily know what to expect when they buy it, or they just buy on a will...also if u filtered out all the guns for sale, youd see alot of M4's, Sigs etc etc cos they are common and the GBB's are starting to spread, and like all things, they arent for everyone
                              sigpic
                              9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chainsaw Find out more about Chainsaw
                              Working...
                              X