co2 moscarts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: co2 moscarts

I do think that madbull are leading the way in co2 airsoft at the moment, I`ll just have to try it and see what happens. Im not going to use anything stupidly powerfull at a game site but something that has a nice bang and some kick when you fire it would be nice. I may also play around with reducing the gas reservoir size in a moscart so that its still at a high psi but just gives a really short burst.

Or I may just deiced to get a regulator for the valve.

Dont worry people no 2000fps moscarts coming your way just yet lol
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
      THe Madbull XMPB4 has a better valve already fitted, and is C02 compatible... Both my S-Thunder fill valves are now dead... The Madbull is still going strong.
      I take your point, but the core isn't the same part as the fill valve - which is probably the issue now I think about it.

My point was spread though, far better on the S-Thunder
      Originally posted by palmer234
      Swerve talks sense. I like him.
      Originally posted by Robin-Hood
      Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve View Post
        I take your point, but the core isn't the same part as the fill valve - which is probably the issue now I think about it.

My point was spread though, far better on the S-Thunder
        The actual shell is identical dude... Same single barrelled design...

Comment

loaded up a 54 round ics today and stuffed it full of co2 from an 88g bottle I`ll admit the trigger was a little stiff and there was a loud bang but they didnt seam to be doing much over 330 fps, might give the larger madbulls Ive got a try think there around the 100 rounds mark.

The bit king arms nade I have 190 something rounds has a lot of plastic inside it so I wont be co2`ing that but some of the other metal 50`ish round ones I have with 4 bb`s in the mech seam like they will take co2.

Anyone know what kinda psi them 88g bottled run at ? Might get an adaptor and use the big 1kg soda stream bottles as I have a few, Dont seam to get much out of an 88g bottle refill wise think I got maybe 20 fills out of it but it did leak a tad getting the needle valve adjusted right, but boy did they make a nice bang, I guess with no barrel its hard to get a bunch of bb`s going over 350 fps ?
          sigpic

Comment

No matter the shell, do not add a hammer and pin to a launcher. The only difference between an Airsoft launcher and an rs one, other than the materials, is the firing mechanism and they are legal in part because of it. Did some research for my hk79 build and that was the conclusion I came up with.

Comment

Cool well I could always make a geared trigger that gave extra torque but I didnt have too much of a struggle with setting it off and some of the newer launchers s-thunder and madbull for example state that they have an easier to pull trigger to make it easy to use co2.
              sigpic

Comment

Just give it a good tug and you should be able to fire anything.

I run 6 Madbull PB4 shells in my ICS MGL and even when I use 800psi co2 they still fire.

As for converting "green gas" shells to use co2. I've thought about it and it could work. You're best bet is to start with changing the brass gas inlet valve to a steel one. Madbull sell a three pack of these, infact I recommend you change them to these even if you are using green gas.

If you are able to maintain a stable, repeatable firing with co2 at about 400psi then you dont need much more.

Shooting people in CQB with over 400psi isn't going to make you popular, it will hurt. 800psi is insane. Seriously ouch territory if they hit you in the legs/arms or anywhere that doesn't have some form of protection like a chest rig.

If changing the valve and the grenade leaks/breaks then you could go about changing the O-rings, but tbh you'd be better off just buying S-Thunder Shells and getting the replacement core's as they would be the next thing to break. The S-thunder shells are comparable in quality to Madbull when using the co2 core.

Running co2 grenades requires higher maintenance due to the higher pressures. Re-grease the ball bearings inside and lavish amounts of silicone oil around the O-rings and fill valve to ensure longevity of your grenades.

Again I would stress that using 400psi is more than enough for in game, even outdoors 400psi will outrange some AEG's if you've got a little bit of an arc of about 10°

The PB4 and S-Thunder shells are the best design for 40mm grenades. They can fire paintballs and lots of other things.

If you want more info feel free to PM me..

Originally posted by Sam_s.o View Post
                800PSI + Madbull 204rd King Madbull shell + dual vent smoke + m203 at 45 deg = 130m+ smoke throw
                So much fun doing this, although stupidly illegal.
                Last edited by apmaman; 11 May, 2011, 18:05.
                SAVE OUR SPORT
                http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

o-rings cost pennys and I always put bigger ones in when I replace them so they last longer and the bearings I can also get for pennys each so as long at the casing of the shell dont brake its easy to run with co2.

and I always change to steel valves too and if they leak even a bit I pull the fill valve appart and change the tiny o-ring with a bigger one so they will hold more pressure.

So how much pressure does a fresh 88g bottle of co2 have ?
                  sigpic

Comment

I would imagine that it is the same as a 12g, so should be pressured co2 in liquid form at 800psi.
                    SAVE OUR SPORT

Comment

800psi nice that would explain the loud bang lol so is the madbull regulator the best has anyone used the s-thunder one ?
                      sigpic

Comment

Madbull one is good, not used the S-thunder but I would imagine it's as near as makes no difference quality wise.
                        SAVE OUR SPORT

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thekonassure Find out more about thekonassure
                        Working...
                        X