Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE SCAR GBB OB/CB help

Originally posted by philbucknall View Post
    ^what he said and the open bolt system meant that a new and vastly improved hop system could be used and it also meant it had better performance with less variance. It's now more akin to a large GBB pistol in operation; in all honesty the closed brass system was ideal for training purposes where fps could be high but for skirmishing it wasn't great
    Great help thanks. I didnt want to go OT on the thread I pasted the above from so thought I would start a new one. Does anyone know where I can find more information on both systems? Maybe some sort of diagram or illustration? Sounds anoracky but I like to understand how things work and bearing in mind I have had to call off my GBB SA80 purchase (cant live with having to learn to fire right handed) I am now up for getting a GBB SCAR to replace my VFC aeg version. I dont really want to order from overseas (the only place which seems to have OB versions) so I am trying to find out if a CB version will suffice and even the possibility of converting a CB to OB. Do they sound/look any different in operation? Bearing in mind I will need 8 mags or so can anyone advise on whether to go with the CO2 bulb or propane version? Cost of either gas doesnt bother me but if one provides more shots than the other it might help as less refills in the field would suit me (I only ever play woodland).

Thanks

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
    TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Firstly dont buy the CB if you have even a hint of wanting to convert it in the future you will never see the return on your investment, if you do ever decide to sell it.

If your worried about importing why not pay someone to import it?

Ask purcy about the ups and downs of a closed bolt SCAR, my open bolt ive not had for long enough realy to comment on its reliability but i can tell you it feels solid, and fires like a dream.

Comment

Re: WE SCAR GBB OB/CB help

Thanks chap, I did get your PM too. I am not averse to ordering overseas per se, I just have mixed history when ordering anything remotely linked to being recogniseable as a gun. It seems to be pot luck on whether its gets to you without issue or it gets collared by customs and delays the parcel by a huge amount of time. The main thing I am trying to decide is whether the OB version warrants the hassle of ordering from overseas. I am not sure who i could get to order one other than a shop who would no doubt add a princely handling charge. This obviously starts to then negate the additional cost of a Uk sourced CB version + OB conversion kit.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
      TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Planemo Find out more about Planemo
      Working...
      X