Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Am I being unreasonable? (Issue with seller)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being unreasonable? (Issue with seller)

I just wanted to get an opinion on whether I'm being unreasonable and what I should do.

A week ago I bought a P90 off another member and it was advertised as "condition, V V Good."

When it arrived, this is what I got is a CA P90 that only fires on a 9.6V at full auto at a relatively low RoF, no matter where the fire selector is. On an 8.4, the motor makes what sounds like a 1/4th turn and gets stuck until I have to release the trigger because the wires are starting to get so hot that they hurt to touch. He's claiming it fired fine before he shipped it but I have since found his thread from March:
    [Thread pointed to a location whereby above problem is listed by original owner]
    where he clearly knew about the problem.

How should I resolve this sensibly?

I have had some wonderful experiences with trading on this site and I hope this is nothing more than a temporary blip.
    Last edited by Gaffa; 8 May, 2011, 13:34. Reason: Removed some info

Re: Am I being unreasonable? (Issue with seller)

Contact the seller before you do anything
    WANTED
    Mid cap mp5 mags
    s-arms m4 mags
    motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

Did you pay with Paypal? if so ask for a refund if that fails then open up a Paypal dispute as goods were not as described.
      Just because you can doesn't mean you should......

Comment

Ask for a refund you it doesn't state it works or it doesn't in the thread work unless you was PM it but also if through paypal it would be easier to retrieve you money.

Hope this helped
        [Professional Training Weapon HK416] [WE M4 CQBR] [Tokyo Mauri Sig Sauer P226R]

[United States Navy EOD Impression]

Comment

I've asked for a refund through a PM.

Comment

His listing implies that it's in perfect working condition. Quite clearly, it isn't and he has been 'economical with the truth'.

If you paid with PayPal, start a claim - NOW. That usually gets their attention. You can always withdraw it if it works out well.

Comment

Im sorry but these threads are tedious.

A. Not Happy - Ask for a refund, if you cannot get one, paypal dispute.

B. Happy - Carry on with normal life

I dont think you're ment to name and shame either..
              Originally posted by Bluegill
              5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

based on his previous post with the the problems hes had with this gun if he sold it to you as a1 then hes had you over big time .
                i see no problem with naming and shaming, if you have had a problem with a sale it may save someone else alot of grief in the future, also if he feels wronged he can openly say so on this forum .
                theres no point in complaning about sales from other forum members if nobody knows who it is.
                m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

NAME and SHAME, only if
                  a, known rip off's
                  b, they call it false info even if you have proved them wrong with quoting everything they have said as they contradict themselves

but start a dispute after his reply AS he has falsly provdied information

Comment

As people have said, it's your money, if the seller has already had you over then best bet is to open a paypal dispute so you've got a fall back plan, and try to resolve with the seller. Personally I wouldn't even bother with that, I'd go straight to paypal...given the circumstances show that he intentionally sold you a duff....failing from the sellers dialogue I guess paypal will refund you and then persue the case themselves, leaving you in pocket...not out! Good luck!

Be careful though, a few people have had similiar situations but not been able to get refunds as they've been told buying/selling RIFs via paypal is against their Ts and Cs..not sure on that 100% though..

Sam.

Comment

I'd either fix it or get it sent off and ask him to pay the bill as you paid for a working gun I know if i ever sold anything and it turned up broke i would atleast pay for it to be fixed or offer him a full refund

Comment

Selling Airsoft guns/RIFs is not against their T&Cs if you read carefully, where people get screwed over is when they put M4 or something in the notes to seller when paying, it flags up as a real gun on PP system, if you put AEG you won't have issues.
                        I'd start looking if you can't resolve it amicably via PM, then move upto a paypal dispute. It was not sold as advertised.
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Naming and shaming is not permitted on this forum. Thanks.

(Best of luck with dealing with the case in hand!)

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                            Selling Airsoft guns/RIFs is not against their T&Cs if you read carefully, where people get screwed over is when they put M4 or something in the notes to seller when paying, it flags up as a real gun on PP system, if you put AEG you won't have issues.
                            I'd start looking if you can't resolve it amicably via PM, then move upto a paypal dispute. It was not sold as advertised.
                            Thanks for clearing that up

Sam.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DH1900 Find out more about DH1900
                            Working...
                            X