WW2 weapons with modern gear, your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 weapons with modern gear, your opinions

Hi guys, thanks for opinions and advice, i appreciate it. So im looking into getting either a M1 Garand or a Kar98k (probablly the kar, as its infinately cheaper, but still looks good). So here's the question, those that have one of these or something such as an mp40 or thompson, whats it like. Do you get a lot of stick from guys as your wearing modern warfare gear with a classic gun or do you go all out and wear the period gear as well? Would hope that i can keep my MW gear at the same time as using stuningly good guns. Thanks for your input
    Current Armoury
    TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Re: WW2 weapons with modern gear, your opinions

Well it might look a bit out of place, but theres no law against it, if you want to do it, do it!
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I know what you mean, and that was my thinking, but do people do this? Has anyone seen people use modern clothing with a WW2 gun?
      Current Armoury
      TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

I occasionally wear Nam gear with a modern M16 with ACOG. Get some strange looks but what the hell

Comment

I dont think the Garand looks too out of place with modern gear, but i think a K98 would.
          Although there is a guy at my site who runs around in full british desert kit with a Thompson .

Bert.

Comment

Thompson with Modern Dutch DPM or TM AK47?

That's what i used once and no-one said anything. One guy i know used a Thompson with Multicam, another had a Tanaka K98k with DPM and ghillie on and finally a guy with some Fleck had a M1892 Winchester lever action with him.

I say it falls into the same catergory as those that use guns that don't match there camo, like SA80's with Flecktarn or AK's with DPM or P90's with Multicam, nothing wrong with it as it is personal choice, your not in a milsim game so mix and match what you want. I used to wear Dutch DPM and carried a P90, not as a basis of a real world loadout but because i like both.

Go with what you prefer i say, so long as it doesn't break any rules or health and safety problems it is fine.

'FireKnife'
            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Don't see why not.

It could be used for a fairly good Milita loadout I suppose. Some civi's using old WW2 guns that have been kept and now wanting to over throw the government.

Or on the other hand it might look like you play too much COD5
              SAVE OUR SPORT
              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

My brother runs round in british dpm and desert using a thompson

Comment

Yep, I have been in British DPM using a Thompson and 2X 3 cell Thompson mag pouches for quite a few years. It's not a problem of course because I'm either crawling or moving fast no-one has time to admire my kit while I'm clocking up more hits.

To put things into perspective, the Thompson was used in Vietnam as late as 1975 by some units and they wore tiger stripe kit. The M14 is currently used my US Marine snipers too so although not technically part of authentic era kit, still in use for purpose, and that's the most important thing.

Comment

I think the official word is "fook it".

Choose the camo you like, with the weapon you like. Just say your special forces on a denyable operation, get to choose what kit you like :D

Comment

Or just go, Jihad you infidels and everyone assumes you are doing a terrorist loadout and you will get away with anything.

They still use SMLE's and Sten's in some terror groups, and they sure can hold those Americans at bay.

'FireKnife'
                      68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I used to use an MP40 with full DPM gear simply because it's what I had at the time and camo is camo! Never had any complaints or comments at all.

Comment

No one I know would take the mick. But any well done period loadout looks the nuts, but if you want to buy a gun buy any gun you want, as long as you are happy with it there isn't a problem.

Comment

If you want a K98k, try getting behind the PPS version. It's gas, so it has a very light bolt pull, and it has a NPAS built-in so you can adjust it for specific sites and ambient temperatures. It's otherwise a clone of the very competent Tanaka, but much cheaper. Dadio, our local WWII fanatic, loves his.

Comment

Wow uber necro post!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Felixpredator Find out more about Felixpredator
                              Working...
                              X