X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how usefull could this be

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8165928.stm

ive just seen this on the web and thought how usefull it will be
    if the sets are freely availble then we could wire them up so we can carry batteries in our pockets and if it gets big enough just run a generator from the safezone
    imagine how small we could have guns that didn't require any battery at all

harry
    I.L.F.O.R
    International London Forces

Airsoft-the only excuse to shoot your mates

Re: how usefull could this be

Originally posted by dent View Post
    imagine how small we could have guns that didn't require any battery at all

harry
    So instead of a 1:1 replica imitation firearm you want what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by nice_guy_andy View Post
      So instead of a 1:1 replica imitation firearm you want what exactly?

what i mean is elecric weapons could be probuced that can't now like some ww2 weapons and pistols
      it would also allow you far larger batteries in aep's and sub machine guns
      I.L.F.O.R
      International London Forces

Airsoft-the only excuse to shoot your mates

Comment

Ahh that makes much more sense.

Comment

Sounds good.

But to be realistic, Airsoft is going to be amung the last to adopt such technology.

And I quite like carrying a battery, makes my gun heavier.

But I see where your coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
            Sounds good.

But to be realistic, Airsoft is going to be amung the last to adopt such technology.

And I quite like carrying a battery, makes my gun heavier.

But I see where your coming from.
            SOLUTION

Put a weight in the gun :D

Comment

I wouldn't do that :D

I've got no choice with the battery.

Comment

This technology in its basic form has been used for a while in electric toothbrushes. It would most likely be useful for us when they come out with gen3/4 technology.

Comment

No, electric toothbrushes use inductive charging. It's similar to a transformer. Or if you don't know how they work, a motor/generator. They use magnets to pass energy between charging unit and battery. You need to place the toothbrush on the stand. With this new system, you can waltz around the room charging your phone.
                  sigpic
                  Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                  I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

1-2-3-4-..

Sorry i was waltzing! it would be good though if you could have one in the safe Zone and it charged the batteries up.

But what about overcharging? and not allowing to discharge etc? wouldent that shorten the battery life?

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Could also be used as a safety system, if theres an emergency and the marshals need to end the game, flip a switch and everyones gun's stop working.

Personally though as a user of mini's, I wouldn't mind having my current batteries charge whilst I'm sitting out in the safe zone.
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I hate the idea. Im already worried that wi-fi is scrambling my head. Ironic considering thats how my internet connection works.
                        There was something in the paper today about a bloke who has a hyper sensitivity to wi-fi, and how it makes him physically sick. Apparently theres quite a high number of people who suffer form it, something like 1 - 2% of the population. I know its induction through resonating frequency, but i just dont like the idea of what these things can do to you, without there being some proper study.

There was something similar to this regarding having wireless power to charge things and run laptops etc. It might be a good idea, but getting rid of electrical cables is a daft idea. The resession is a its peak, with millions out of work. Now they want to lay off millions of people who manufacture cabling, distribute it, install it, maintain it, and finally, remove it. Whos going to win? Some fat cat who can sit back and watch as the world get muddled up because of their scrambled heads.

Airsofting using this would require such a large generator, that it wouldnt fathom imagining. Add to that, it would almost be like a poor kids version of laser quest. And when i say poor kids, i really mean vastly more expensive, due to the amount of money you would have to pay for the gun, for the site to have the generator, and the liability insurance for said generator in a heavily wooded area in the summer.

Saying that, whats going to power the generator when we use all the fossil fuels up? Can we just chuck bravo in to it?
                        Last edited by hoggy21; 24 July, 2009, 21:29. Reason: My Gramatical Dyslexia

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dent Find out more about dent
                        Working...
                        X