persuasive points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• persuasive points

so you've located a nice empty building that would be perfect for airsofting, how would you go about persuading the owners that it would be in their interests to let people use it for skirmishing.....

one of the things i would say is that XYZ skirmishing co. would help protect the property from trespassers and vandals simply by occupying, which could lower their security costs

any other suggestions?
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Re: persuasive points

Money!
    Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
    Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
    Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Ninja'd

Money is the persuasive factor - other than that it is a health and safety nightmare for them.
      JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
        other than that it is a health and safety nightmare for them.
        i swear that a waver is about health and safety saying that if you injure your self while at the site the Site Is Not liable

thats how i understand it please correct if wrong

Comment

money is an easy answer.....the owners see a building thats worth to them x amount per square yard...which simply would not come close to what a skirmishing business could generate,so other than money,because you would have to negotiate a very low fee...what negotiation factors could be used

Comment

Originally posted by wedge75 View Post
            i swear that a waver is about health and safety saying that if you injure your self while at the site the Site Is Not liable

These count for very little in reality.
            Originally posted by palmer234
            Swerve talks sense. I like him.
            Originally posted by Robin-Hood
            Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
              money is an easy answer.....the owners see a building thats worth to them x amount per square yard...which simply would not come close to what a skirmishing business could generate
              Put it to them this way, if they dont sell it or do anything with it straight away, its not doing anything. Make the point that If they do want to sell it in a few years, they can do so, and in the meantime, still make money off you renting it

Comment

Proof of insurance would be needed, but thats further into the deal. This will negate responsiblity from the owners, less basic building insurance.

Then there would be legals, such as rights of public access within a certain distance. I know with airguns (up to 12ft/lb) that it is very illegal to fire within 50 yards of a public right of way or the centre of a carraigeway.

Some kind of damage liability clause would also be needed I should think.

Or... hide in it for 10 years, squatter's rights, do your own thing!
                'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

Originally posted by wedge75 View Post

Nope. You must prepare the site to the best state that you can to minimise any safety issues ie sharp edges blunted off, potential live wires investigated/disconnected and trip hazards high-lighted with yellow paint. Dangerous area's would have to be cordened off completely.

Any thing else that cannot be fixed or rectified has to be listed in a risk assessment which is a very long and tedious process as every potential accident has to be though about and if nothing can be done about it then so be it, but the thought must be written down with its explaination of why nothing can be done about it.

Think that bird in the news that got pissed and dived into a private swimming pool and hit the bottom and crippled herself. Now suing the owner of the pool even though he wasn't there at the time. Sign of the times I'm afaid!!

Disclaimers mean nothing these days. If everyone signed one then a site wouldn't need insurance would it?? The disclaimer is really about acting dangerously and being asked to leave if you do.
                  JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

You have to sell it to them, Airsoft that is. Get benefits of Airsoft, things like team building, fun and ultimately safe. Make sure they know they will be making money on it and keep them in the loop. You have to make the person know that they will not be liable should it go wrong, they will make money for future projects and they will ultimately have control over what happens to the place.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

It can be done with hard work and dedication. I helped clear the site at Contact Front in Portland. We spent days spraying sharp edges etc with bright paint so someone could grind them off, and going round with a hammer pulling out stuck out nails. We got an insight into the 'red-tape' surrounding creating a site.

It would also depend on the type of building. If it was a warehouse type of complex then the rent would be huge and they would probably want you to sign some sort of lease and want you to cover damages. It would be different if the building were due for demolition (like the Mall) and they just needed a tempory income uptil that time.

Comment

Originally posted by FormerSmurf View Post
                        Or... hide in it for 10 years, squatter's rights, do your own thing!
                        squatter's rights, but you have to apply to the registry and ask them to register you, which requires permission from the current landowner, so no dice there unfortunately

spot the land law student ...

but a disclaimer isn't useless, at the very least it is evidence that both parties considered the risks. It's not gonna get rid of them, but a site has notified you of the risks, so you can't later turn round and say you didn't expect to be shot with a BB gun or something. You need to turn round and prove negligence instead. Theres still a point in having one ...
                        KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                        mix'n'match M4
                        Maruzen P99

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                          You have to sell it to them, Airsoft that is. Get benefits of Airsoft, things like team building, fun and ultimately safe. Make sure they know they will be making money on it and keep them in the loop. You have to make the person know that they will not be liable should it go wrong, they will make money for future projects and they will ultimately have control over what happens to the place.
                          yeah thats what im talking about..... some good points there

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sparrowhawk Find out more about sparrowhawk
                          Working...
                          X