throat mics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: throat mics

I got one from a nice bay. 20 ish with p&p included, not had a problem and the quality is great. To answer your question, mine is a one pin jack ( motorola talkabout ). Get looking my brother in arms!
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

ah heya hawk!!

ah right see the problem is mines a cheap radio not a motorola ive found a good looking single pin one so i think im just going to go with it and see :P

Comment

ive got a devgur and its the mutts, dont know how i did without it now i think about it :P but ive also got a cheep chinese one and it isnt as good, clarity isnt fantastic but its good for the 10 odd quid i bought it for
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Theres something you need to consider with throat mikes. I have a throat mike and i dont think i shall be using it much longer. The problems ive found are that sometimes it doesnt pick up what im saying or it can be quiet. Secondly, i find that they are constricting on my throat, and to get an effective sound into them they have to be tight. If they are tight, it feels horrible, like being choked sometimes.
          If youve not used one before, i suggest that you try before you buy. Ive used the devgru and its not bad, but i dont think i would bother with another throat mike. A devgry single pin adaptor might be a good call though. Nice and cheap and does the job!

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
            ah heya hawk!!

ah right see the problem is mines a cheap radio not a motorola ive found a good looking single pin one so i think im just going to go with it and see :P
            If you actualy know the make of your radio drop Rampage a PM, im sure he put up a comparison chart of what jack plugs fit what radios, he may be able to dig it out for you.

Edit
            I found it.

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
              sounds promising :D what connection did it have this is my biggest problem =/
              It's a single pin, same as the first Motorola on that list
              Last edited by grey; 17 May, 2011, 20:56.

Comment

although VERY helpfull tisane my radios too cheap to make any of those lists :P but the pin hole on mine is the first Motorola one on that list

and hoggy. definitely sound advice will have to try find one

Comment

Mines a 2.5mm jack, cobra.
                  Mine doesnt strangle me and my team mates say it clear. Only time it isnt as clear is if it slips down your neck to far

Originally posted by Metalbody
                  pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                  Working...
                  X