Custom gun finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom gun finishes

Has anyone ever had any guns plated, such as nickel, chrome, gold or silver?

I was wondering how much services like these cost? For a lower Karat gold finish on an M92F metal kit (http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/o...2Fmetalkit.jpg), does anyone have a rough idea how much it'd cost?

Are we looking at hundreds of pounds?

Re: Custom gun finishes

Your looking at well into the £300 range for gold plating a pistol.

that would be an average/poor job, for a good job you could pay upto £1000.
    Dboys KAC PDW - PEQ - Lipo - 2x midcaps - £150ono
    Classic Army B&T MP5A5 - Battery - 2x midcaps - £200ono
    2x Clone M9 GBB - 1 Mag Each - £50ea ono

Comment

or buy this kit for £300 and do it yourself

http://www.goldsolutions.eu/product_...d4255a451ba4f3

there are some on there for over a grand - buy one and start it up as a service - i would so go and buy 2 gold desert eagles with metal bodies and have it done
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post

there are some on there for over a grand - buy one and start it up as a service - i would so go and buy 2 gold desert eagles with metal bodies and have it done
        You do realise you can gold plate plastic?

brass dip, then plate it.

Comment

Don't Know If any of you ever saw the episode of dragons den where a bloke with a company called "GoldGenie" was on and basically he would paint your ipod/phone etc with gold plating i dont know if its the same or not but jus se if you could go down that route ?
          To the man who would be king, I will say only one thing

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth1911 View Post
            You do realise you can gold plate plastic?

brass dip, then plate it.
            i know but i would have to have the metal kit first, would feel oh so much better
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
              i know but i would have to have the metal kit first, would feel oh so much better
              Oh aye, definatly agree with you there :P 1.5kg of gold plated desert eagle ohhhh yeahhhhh!

Comment

Some one had a nickel plated M4 for sale a while back, not sure he could sell it for toffee, might be worth thinking about?

Personally it wouln't be my cup of tea, plus if you didn't get it done well, it could look really cheap.

JB
                Trader Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                  Don't Know If any of you ever saw the episode of dragons den where a bloke with a company called "GoldGenie" was on and basically he would paint your ipod/phone etc with gold plating i dont know if its the same or not but jus se if you could go down that route ?
                  yeh i saw that here is the site

http://www.goldgenie.com

Looks like they gold plate everything even Game Consoles, look at the golden Wii :D

Send them a mail see what they say. If its not bad a price ill buy a desert eagle just to get it done :D

Comment

Ask tkos about chroming, thought he chromed his gun once.

Comment

I had a gun chromed for H. Cost around £90 when tax and postage both ways are taken into account. That was a 1911.

Edit: As far as I know. TKOS has never had a gun chromed. And just so people know what chroming is, because this really annoys me and I still feel the point was lost on some of you, here's a thread I made: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19438
                      sigpic
                      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

It will cost loads, so unless you are minted I'd either forget about it or just whip out the spray paint like what I did for my Mac-11.

While the results are not 100% perfect they are good enough. I just need to get some decent matt clear coat on mines because the chrome effect comes off if you touch it even if its dry.
                        SAVE OUR SPORT
                        http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

you can buy plateing kits from differant supliers, i have seen them for as low as £30 for crome finish
                          Your life is only as long as my trigger pull

SAVE AIRSOFT IN SCOTLAND! http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/ YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU!

Comment

Yes, but another thing everyone seems to miss is the fact you dont just chrome plate something, you have to spend a good amount of time to polish the items to a mirror shine.

Chrome will only be as smooth as the surface you put it on, if its not mirror polished the chrome will have defects and wont shine like a properly chromed item.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak TM gun nut Find out more about Kodiak
                            Working...
                            X