Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Royal Mail

The popular misconception is "ball bearing."
    But when BB guns first appeared they fired lead spheres of calibre .177" (4.5mm) much as modern versions use copper alloy ball of the same diametre. This calibre corresponded to the pre-existing shotgun pellet size BB (shotgun pellets come in a number of coded sizes from 0000 (9.1mm) to no.12 (1.2mm)) hence these guns were refered to after this.

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
      If i was a proper airsofter ...? Ever heard of sarcasm?
      Wouldnt worry too much mate, hes got 12 posts to his name. He'll learn...

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I just didn't want anything iffy going on, like getting put on the terrorist watch list... cough.cough. Aly.cough.cough

Comment

Damn hoggy beat me to it but BB does indeed represent a shotgun pellet size rather than standing for anything...

And royal mail are fine for sending RIFs as far as I'm aware just don't make it obvious that it's rifle shaped etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Aly View Post
            Whatever you do do not send it with a parcel courier called "Hermes" I had the armed response unit come to my house.It was my fault for sending it (DE m56AL) admittedly as I didn't read the terms and conditions correctly. And when they came all they did was tell me (didn't storm the house, they just knocked on my door) that my package had been opened and the company thought it was real but the assured Hermes it wasn't real. and i received it back from Hermes a couple of days later, because they had realised it was against there T of C's to send it...
            As the intended recipient of the shotgun, I still fail to see quite why they saw fit to open up a private parcel in the first place. I certainly won't be using them to transport anything in the future.
            Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

You live and learn!
              SHADOW COMPANY - (IC)/SNIPER

Comment

Having had things sent to me via royal mail from airsoft retailers it seems to be a common practice to put "DO NOT FLY" on the box.

This is likely so they don't x ray the parcel and get a fright.

Comment

The 'do not fly' sticker is due to some CAA? i think rule about ammunition/weapons travelling together, no gas/bullet looking items = fine,

And I now have 13 posts, that's one for every 1.5 years I've been involved in airsoft, I'm still learning
                  Last edited by Aitch; 21 May, 2011, 22:47. Reason: typo

Comment

did you just throw ammo at each other 20 years ago then?

Comment

only when our kit form springers exploded, which happened a lot :p

Comment

Sounds like fun. But I let grenades do that for me
                        Originally posted by Tiercel
                        The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                          As the intended recipient of the shotgun, I still fail to see quite why they saw fit to open up a private parcel in the first place. I certainly won't be using them to transport anything in the future.
                          Ouchie :-(

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

I'mhitalready Find out more about I'mhitalready
                          Working...
                          X