Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Protection for Spectacle wearers

Hola muchachos

I've been lurking around here for the past week or so, reading all the threads on various subjects, especially ones regarding face protection.

Unfortunately I am cursed with having dodgy eyesight requiring the wearing of glasses. This is a source of great annoyance when wearing a full face mask, (especially in cold weather like we've had) as it usually results in a lot of fogging and then I can't see a frigging thing. Even the mesh masks cause my glasses to steam up.

So I was wondering what sort of face protection other glasses wearers used to combat the fog of war. I've read a bit about people using goggles and neoprene half mask thingies, but have always thought they might end up getting soggy with moisture from your breath (all the masks i've used have done this anyway).

Regards,
    Dave

I've also been thinking that it would probably be a good idea to go and get a cheap pair of glasses rather than risk my nice stylish Police frames

Re: Eye Protection for Spectacle wearers

try these bad boys

ESS ICE 2.4

they are very nice glasses and they come with three different lenses cleer, yellow tinted, and black ( UV i think dont know).
    so far they havent fogged up with me!

Comment

how much would they cost iain?
      in desperate need of some.

Comment

yeah what Iain said but the might be a bit squished if you were glasses, they cost around 20-40 quid

Comment

ESS and Arena goggles can be fitted with prescription lenses. This maybe the best option as they are supposed to be really good, I love my Flakjaks. There really isnt any point being cheap with eyewear... you only get one pair of eyes

Comment

cheers dude were can i get them from? were can i get the prescription lenses from?

Comment

Yes, I agree with the not skimping on eye protection part. Flawed as they are, I'm quite fond of my eyes. I'm also rather fond of my teeth, any recommendations for that? Is wrapping a shemagh around my face really going to stop a 500FPS sniper shot from 25m knocking my teeth out?

Comment

your opticians? lol i got mine off ebay brand new for 20 quid, someone on here is selling them but i can't be bovered to find it, lol

Comment

lol fair enough then i will get some something that i can properly see out of.

Comment

These sorts of things?
                    http://www.sportsgoggles.co.uk/TopGu...gSpectacle.asp

My friend has something similar - though his look much less goofy!

Contacts?

Comment

lol, they look really stupid in that pick XD

Comment

Stick with your full face mesh mask and get some anti fog spray for your glasses, it works and will cost less than £10.
                        HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

I have a set of Guarder C2s with the prescription lense insert. They work to a point, and if you use anti-fog stuff they generally stay fog-free. The big problem though is that the lenses end up closer to your face than in standard glasses, which means that they distort your vision slightly. I've got around this by using contact lenses, and a set of ESS ICE 2.4s
                          WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

what would you guys suggest as a good cheap pair of goggles or does it not really matter. may sound like a dumb question but i'm new so dont judge.

Comment

bolle x500, i saw someone selling some real cheap on another website

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bigdave196 Find out more about bigdave196
                              Working...
                              X