Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Does ukara and site registration no. affect shipping OUT of the country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does ukara and site registration no. affect shipping OUT of the country?

hi there, i have someone from america interested in one of the R.I.F's im selling, so i was wondering does UKARA and site membership affect shipping R.I.F's outside of the uk?

if so its likely to be more hassle than its worth.

thanks,

cal

Re: Does ukara and site registration no. affect shipping OUT of the country?

No.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

fair play lol, thanks dope.

cal

EDIT: am i gonna have to paint the tip of the barrel blaze orange?

cal

Comment

Will need to be shipped with a fluorescent orange muzzle though. Or you could end up in big trouble.

Also, here's the VCRA part that concernes you.
        Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—
        (a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;
        (b) he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;
        (c) he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or
        (d) he brings a realistic imitation firearm into Great Britain or causes one to be brought into Great Britain.

International law is actually pretty confusing to me. So I could well be wrong. If you're selling to the US, you're keeping the gun of the UK streets, so it's not likely to be viewed as a bad thing, in my opinion. Lets see Jagillham correct me :P
        sigpic

Comment

As said above, the tip needs to be orange.

Also, unless the gun is a licenced copy, US customs may seize it if the trade marks aren't removed. The best bet seems to be a bit of model filler loosely put into any trades, then coloured black with a marker pen. The buyer can then easily remove this when they get the gun.
          sigpic

Comment

(c) he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or

would the above not mean every sale made on here is illegal, registered or not lol?

confusing..

so from what i understand, paint the tip bright blaze orange and its all good?

and trades wise, they are tm lugers with gold plating, so i dont really wanna damage the finish.

cheers,

cal

Comment

No, some are exempt from the ban, e.g Airsofters, and I believe re-enactors

Comment

If you can take the guns apart. That could be the best option. Complete guns in transit must have blaze orange muzzles. Parts of gun's don't need to though. So ship them in pieces, maby 2 boxes, something to ask the buyer to be honest. He'll know more about it than us.

Nuke, your's is an easy mistake to make. Every RIF sale that takes place on here is illegal. We are not exempt from the law. We have a specific defense against it. The devil is in the detail. It's illegal, but we can't be sentenced for it.
                Re-enactors on the other hand are actually mentioned in the law itself. Most re-enactors use firearms of a design predating 1873 or whatever it is. So they're not useing RIFs anyway.
                sigpic

Comment

ill do it that way then dope, thanks for the help!

cal

Comment

Damn, first person I help in months and I've just spurted crap haha Cheers dope

Comment

no worries matey, appreciate the help anyways

cal

Comment

What state is this going to? As that will make a difference, you may have to remove any trades or other such things
                        G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                        RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

unsure at the moment bud, nothing final at the mo, its just hypothetical.

just seeing how much screwing around is involved with exporting R.I.F.s.

once i found out ill post back.

ta,

cal

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

m00c0w Callum, Snodland, Kent. Find out more about m00c0w
                          Working...
                          X