ess warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ess warnings

I was advused by people that ess v12's and ess ice glasses were great for airsoft....
    I bought some, and just realised the warnings on the instructions say not to use them for airsoft.... what should I do?
    I can provide pictures if necessary

Re: ess warnings

I use Ess Ice glasses and have never had any issues.

Comment

I've had no problems or anything, just want to know if I should.continue using them lol.

Comment

You could get hold of a ~600fps bolt rifle and shoot them at point blank just to be sure or send them back. That or just wear them.

Comment

Believe me they are good enough for Airsoft I think they just put the "Do not use for airsoft" to cover themselves, I have many a time taken a direct shot from a 500fps boltie to the centre of the glasses and no mark. given it was an engagement distance away but I am still confident they will not break on me.

Comment

My friend just told me (He uses ICe and my other friend uses advancer 12's)

It says not to use them for airsoft because the warranty will not cover any damage to them during airsoft
            Hate.
            "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

ive been shot so many times at varying distances to the ess ice 2.4's and they are the only glasses i trust..

Comment

I read a the other day that they're trying to promote their own airsoft line of products so it's as much a marketing thing as a "safety" one.

They take a shotgun blast - good enough 4U?

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  They take a shotgun blast - good enough 4U?
                  Thats what my dad told me, he got a pair from work for me, just wanted to make sure
                  Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by howzat View Post
                    I was advused by people that ess v12's and ess ice glasses were great for airsoft....
                    I bought some, and just realised the warnings on the instructions say not to use them for airsoft.... what should I do?
                    I can provide pictures if necessary
                    I know the warnings, they are safe its a waiver ESS have done to stop them getting sued should something go wrong whilst using them outside of military uses (they are made to milspec), the ESS V12 are capable of taking a point blank hit from a .22 rifle so a 6mm plastic pellet at a maximum of 500fps isnt gonna touch them, as for the ice check out their ballistic rating, you might be surprised.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

^^ This
                      I saw the pictures and read the review a while back of the guy who tested them against a shotgun.
                      I have a pair myself and my mate tested them (out of his curiosity) with his 500fps boltie at point blank and no scratches or cracks appeared.
                      You can rest assured, if someone shoots you with a shotgun in the face while wearing these, your eyes will survive... not so sure about the rest of your face though :P

Comment

I think part of it is the possibility that a BB at the right angle could get behind the lens, and a hard BB hitting hard polycarbonate will bounce.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                          I think part of it is the possibility that a BB at the right angle could get behind the lens, and a hard BB hitting hard polycarbonate will bounce.
                          ive had some close encounters mainly on the nose JUST where it starts to sort of connect with the eyes and no movement in the glasses no danger of a BB getting in from some ungodly angle.

if you wear em correctly your eyes are safe and seriously I HAVE BEEN LIT UP in the eyes several times..enough to say yes youll be safe..if you wear em correctly.

Comment

If i remember rightly some old ess products have them on there boxs and stuff just to cover their own back side.

Correct me if im wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                              ive had some close encounters mainly on the nose JUST where it starts to sort of connect with the eyes and no movement in the glasses no danger of a BB getting in from some ungodly angle.

if you wear em correctly your eyes are safe and seriously I HAVE BEEN LIT UP in the eyes several times..enough to say yes youll be safe..if you wear em correctly.
                              What about the guy that shoots at you from behind, to the side, and it whistles past your ear and behind the side of the lens?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

howzat Find out more about howzat
                              Working...
                              X