Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What susat make will fit onto an ICS l86 LSW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What susat make will fit onto an ICS l86 LSW?

Hello,
    Ive just bought an ICS l86 LSW and im now onto buying a Susat for it, what make will fit the ics l86 lsw rails and what size is the rail?
    Can anyone help?
    Cheers
    Fergus Harris

Ares SUSAT.

Comment

Re: What susat make will fit onto an ICS l86 LSW?

Not sure about the size of the rails but you can get the ares like said above or modify the rail wider and fit an ordinary scope a cog or something like that I have the ares lsw and I'm thinking of doing that

Comment

19mm Dovetail rail and as previously said, Star/ares SUSAT will fit straight on with no modding required.

Comment

Will any sight fit with a 19mm rail?

Comment

Probably not as most other sights and rifles etc have a 20mm ris/ras rail.

If you can find a sight that uses a 19mm Dovetail other than a SUSAT then I don't see why not?

That said though, I don't know of any others?
            Last edited by Psyduck.; 8 June, 2011, 20:06. Reason: Added a bit.

Comment

G&G Susats fit ICS

Comment

They dont.
                G&G susats are 20mm fitment.
                They might slide on but without modification will wobble more than a bouncy castle full of kids.

Comment

Sorry but thats a load of rubbish, i have a G&G susat sat on my ics l85 right now! No wobble what so ever! Not a micro of movement

And i bought it from the shop you show the quote from, i tryed the ares one and G&G and opted for the latter as it has a little bit better eye relief
                  Last edited by M.I.A; 8 June, 2011, 22:32.

Comment

Well thats said from my personal experience of buying the wrong one, as well as what that retailer says.

Maybe things have changed since but personaly id rather play it safe

Comment

In all fairness I visited the shop and bought it so I wasn't even aware it stated that, but I can 100% safely say that the g&g susat does fit fine

Comment

I'm also after an ics, but I've already got the g&g susat (fitted to a g3 at the moment!!) an te bloke I got it off had it on an ics, no problems!

Comment

+1 on G&G on an ICS , have one for mine .
                          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

I have a G&G non-illuminated SUSAT mounted on an ICS L86A2 both bought in 2011.

I have heard on some forums and shops that it dosn't fit. G&G have now released an illuminated SUSAT however which might be what their on about and they may have changed but I don't know why they would do that. As then only people with G&G SA80s could use the G&G SUSATs so no one else would buy their SUSATs for other SA80s?

I can comfirm the the G&G L85A2 bought in 2012 I have, the rail is 19.8mm and ICS L86A2 is in fact 18mm. The narrowest part of the G&G SUSAT will tighten down to 16.1mm measured at the clamping plate. The non adjustable part of the base at the widest part is 20mm but as the clamp will fasten down to 16.1mm, so it just slides on and tightens up for me no problems.

Perhaps someone read the spec somewhere and assumed it wouldn't tighten up as the widest part of the dovetail is 20mm but considering the G&G L85A2 I bought in winter 2012 is just under 20mm, I highly doubt the scope designed for it would only tighten to a minimum of 20mm which would only just be brushing the rail when fully tightened.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                              Ares SUSAT.
                              I found that the ares susat on my ICS l86 always wobbled

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fergus37 British army load out FTW Find out more about fergus37
                              Working...
                              X