Poor show by a new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor show by a new member

Im sure there have been threads Re. this before but here goes.

Firstly i know i dont have the most posts in the world on here but i do spend alot of time using this forum and others like it.

I also buy alot off here so therfore do alot of PM'ing rather than public posts.

This is the second time this has happened to me in as many months.
    • Saw an item i liked PM'ed with questions.
    • Great response of seller (fast and to the point)
    • Sent an offer
    • Buyer agreed
    • I then asked for paypal details
    • He sent (again fast)
    • I log onto paypal and because I dont have the copy option on my phone I had to write down the sellers account details and type them in to send money.
    • I logged back into zeroin to double check his address to find a short, one line, PM saying that he was now selling to another buyer.

Im not sure what people views are on this but I am hacked off as I turned down an offer from another user for the same thing not 15mins before this.

Im not sure where i stand with these kinds of loose agrements but i would have thought that after saying yes to a sale with me the best thing to do would have been to stick to it even if the other guy was offering £5 more or somthing.

anyway rant over

Ash
    Check Out My Sales;
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...rs-and-adaptor
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Impulse-buys

Re: Poor show by a new member

Originally posted by ash8811 View Post
    [*]Sent an offer[*]Buyer agreed
    Well unless I'm mistaken that's technically formed a legally binding contract (there's a BIT more to it)... but unless you're going to take him to court then there isn't really a lot you can do other than just accept that he's been a bit of an arse, give him a bad rating and not trade with him ever again!
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

i totally agree with you

this is especially made worse through the use of a single line pm saying "sorry changed mind" or "sorry found another"

at least give a reasonable explanation "oh mr so and so has it £10 cheaper" - the seller might match or even BEAT that persons offer
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Negative feedback is the way to go I would say.

Comment

I know worst part is that i was the buyer. I could maybe understand abit if i was selling him somthing and he found it at a better price. Its like me going into a shoe shop and asking for the last pair of size nine shoes and then as i take them to the till they sell them to someone else and give me no reason to why or a chance to maybe raise my offer?????

Also letting me get all the way to the send money screen on paypal as i would no be happy if I hadnt checked back on here and had sent cash. Then wait a few days for a refund then a few days to get money back into my account.

At the least this guy should have made sure i knew not to send cash before taking payment from sombody else. Its not even like i took ages paying it had been around 15 mins from him accepting my offer to getting two mins to get onto paypal on my phone.
          Check Out My Sales;

Comment

well you cant give bad feedback,only for completed transactions....
            this has happened to me i think 3 times, one of them was as outragous as yours.....
            in legal terms the seller has broken the law,and you could technically take the person to court and you would win...but it just doesnt seem worth the hassle. on this forum even though it pisses everyone off...no-one really cares,esp. the mods...majority of users tend to say tough $hit.......i personally believe if its proven that a seller has accepted the offer,they should uphold it,or get named and shamed and banned for a month...but it wont happen,so im wasting my time on this thread
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Similar thing happened to me last year. I squared away the sale with the bloke and asked for his details. On his reply he put his paypal details and asked for my address. When I sent through my address about 30 minutes later I recieved a message saying I had taken too long and the sale had gone to someone else. I dont consider half an hour excessive time wasting, Im on here alot but I also have a life. As has already been mentioned as much as it annoys you, there isnt alot you can do. Best thing for it is to thanks the guy for being an arse and get on with it.
              Last edited by Gaffa; 7 June, 2011, 10:27. Reason: Inappropriate language
              If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself,
              is it considered a hostage situation?

WANTED: TM PX4 // P99 // KSC 18C Metal Slide
              Metal M4 Low Caps // OD Weesatch

Comment

That is bad and i would also agree deserves -ive feedback.
                If it had took you days to pay then it would be different but from what i can see it would have been a matter of mins.
                I would probably have just paid regardless and played ignorant, see what the seller had to say for himself after. (groveling apology i bet)

That is one of my worries as a seller, i give out my Paypal address to x person, who then decides he cant be arsed to pay for two days. (if at all)
                In the meantime i get y person who is chomping at the bit to buy my item but i cant give out my Paypal details again, for fear of a double payment coming in and having the hassle of refunding x when he finaly decides to get off his lazy fat butt and pay.

As a seller now it a firm pay within 3hrs or you stand the chance of loosing it!!

Comment

I've been on both side of this one... Once that exact thing happened to me and the other time I had someone making me an offer for a gun. They made their offer so I asked for their details to check UKARA. I waited almost a week and they didn't send them through! So I told them a deadline, which they didn't meet, and offered it to someone else.

I think it's different if the buyer has a clear deadline they could easily meet. But just selling it to someone else with no warning is shameful and I do think there should be some kind of disciplinary action that the mods can take - so you can check a user before buying/selling to them (like the bay).

Comment

I too have only recently been in this situation, agreed to buy at advertised price, sent money by paypal and a few hours later I get an email from paypal saying I have a refund, so I contact the seller and he says he has changed his mind :/

Comment

I'm definitely not condoning what your seller has done, but it does happen the other way round. If I agree a deal I always give the buyer time to pay, but have recently had a couple of "I'll definitely have it. Can you give me a couple of days to sort out my Paypal" type scenarios. I'll say "No probs, as soon as I get payment I'll post it." then I hear nothing for several days and upon PMing the buyer get told "I don't want it anymore" or "got one elsewhere".

Whilst only giving you 15 mins to pay is ridiculous, I'll be inclined to ask my buyers to pay within 24 hours or the deal is off!

Comment

Allowing somebody to pay an then changing youre mind is a disgrace and should be dealt with accordingly, -ve feedback and a report to the mods with PROOF as i believe MODS should be able to deliver infractions on poor sales etiquette, 3 strikes type of thing. I know mods will say their not here to get involved in disputes but sadly, they are as MODERATORS of a forum with an endorsed sales section.

(thats not a poke at you mods btw, i cant fault what you do, i just think you should have more 'clout' but release with that comes additional work)

On the whole 'going with somebody else' thing as not hed a reply, i hold my hands up i made that mistake and was a little impatient and let an item go to somebody else. Some people dont understand that a pm system is used and not everybody cant be logged on permenantly, if you want it gone quick, or vice versa get their mobile and seal the deal.

Now im a big boy and realised my mistake and let go an identical piece of kit that i wanted to keep because I was at fault. Cest la vie, i wont make the mistake again.

Sadly not everybody is mature enough to do deals on here, plain and simple, there are a lot of children or childish attitudes out there.....

Its sad, im starting to actually background read on people before i do a large deal to guage what they are like.

EDIT: god that come accross pretty down on the forum, im not, there are a lot of top traders on here an i always make a point of pointing that out in the feedback script. Think i need a fag and a brew..
                        Originally posted by Bluegill
                        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

[QUOTE=oneshot187;758645]EDIT: god that come accross pretty down on the forum, im not, there are a lot of top traders on here an i always make a point of pointing that out in the feedback script. [QUOTE]

I agree there a loads of great sellers, buyers and traders on here but it just seems to me that time and time again new members are messing people around. this guy had no interest in checking my ukara (never asked) he only has it becasue it was sent in response to his PM with paypal details.

I do think the forums are a great place to trade but really feel buyers and more importantly sellers should be vetted before having full access to trade.

Anyway iv sent the guy a PM hes been on and hasnt even bothed with a sorry, oh well life goes on. Prob saved me from another roasting from the Mrs when another airsoft toy turns up at the door.
                          Check Out My Sales;

Comment

I believe I've seen on another forum a minimum post count before you can even access the classifieds page. That was quite frustrating to me but I suppose it stops people creating an account just to sell things without actually getting involved in the community.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                              well you cant give bad feedback,only for completed transactions....
                              Think I probably would - or at the least leave neutral feedback. 15mins takes the michael a bit.

no-one really cares,esp. the mods...majority of users tend to say tough $hit.......i personally believe if its proven that a seller has accepted the offer,they should uphold it,or get named and shamed and banned for a month...but it wont happen,so im wasting my time on this thread
                              With respect, but the assistants and moderators on this forum don't get paid. We have daytime jobs. Some of us have families to look after. The majority of us don't have any legal training or are "with it" in today's law. Why should we, plain old average joe, who's been asked to volunteer his time in helping users, moves posts, correct people with warnings (etc), get involved in your deals? This can often cause more arguments and confusion... Banning people doesn't work, as when the ban is lifted they'll come back, post a thread in the feedback section which isn't worth anything, as it's a rant because of how they've let X,Y and Z deals fall through due to inactivity, and it gets them nowhere.

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                              That is bad and i would also agree deserves -ive feedback.
                              If it had took you days to pay then it would be different but from what i can see it would have been a matter of mins.
                              I would probably have just paid regardless and played ignorant, see what the seller had to say for himself after. (groveling apology i bet)

That is one of my worries as a seller, i give out my Paypal address to x person, who then decides he cant be arsed to pay for two days. (if at all)
                              In the meantime i get y person who is chomping at the bit to buy my item but i cant give out my Paypal details again, for fear of a double payment coming in and having the hassle of refunding x when he finaly decides to get off his lazy fat butt and pay.
                              Yeah, I too would have probably paid and been curious as to the response. As stated, 15 minutes is a joke. 15hours isn't even an acceptable timescale. But if they come online without any message to say they've paid, get in touch, if no answer, simply move onto the next person.

I'm in that exact situation as you've stated Tisane - given out my details for the Thunder grenade I'm selling, still haven't received any confirmation of payment, got people waiting, don't know what to do. Think I'll just pass it on if I can't get a reply tonight.

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                              Allowing somebody to pay an then changing youre mind is a disgrace and should be dealt with accordingly, -ve feedback and a report to the mods with PROOF as i believe MODS should be able to deliver infractions on poor sales etiquette, 3 strikes type of thing. I know mods will say their not here to get involved in disputes but sadly, they are as MODERATORS of a forum with an endorsed sales section.
                              The Classifieds feature of this forum is what makes ZeroIn big. However, there's not a single person on here, that I know of, that forces a user to use that section of the forum. Therefore, by choosing to use that section, you are already agreeing to some amount of risk - just like with ebay - as you often don't know the seller/ buyer and at the end of the day, they're like you - a body behind a screen.

As already stated above, we don't have legal training, and "taking sides" often leads to arguments, or complaints to the admin(s). If you have problems with people, then they should be given negative feedback using Itrader.

Now on ebay, what happens...? Problems with a buyer/seller, paypal dispute (in most cases), investigation started by Ebay (can take time and not for every case): correct me if I'm wrong.
                              There are people on ebay with poor feedback, because they've advertised an item, sold an item, received money for it but not sent it. Subsequently, the buyer files a dispute in paypal and leaves negative feedback.

Sounds like the system we have here.

Now if that user continues to act fraudulently, then Ebay would look at things. Issuing an infraction for "poor sales etiquette" doesn't rank up there for me, or many of the other guys that help to run this forum. I'm not too sure ebay is too concerned with "etiquette" when they'll hear of these problems every day.

Oh guess what... we had a member on here that acted fraudulently and was banned. Turned out the court dropped the allegations and later, the same user on a new account created a thread, basically saying "Ha! F. You ZeroIn. I've got around your little B* -ing and I'm a free man so F.You."
                              (Of course, this user hasn't returned, and I don't believe the courts bit anyway).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ash8811 Find out more about ash8811
                              Working...
                              X