G&P dust cover/charging handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P dust cover/charging handle

I know that most G&P m4's cant take the working dust cover because there is not enough room between the case and the gearbox but my question is this because of the receiver or the gearbox? I really want a working charging handle but if that means sacrificing my G&P gearbox then I'll give it a miss.

Originally posted by tisane
    Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Re: G&P dust cover/charging handle

Well on the lump on the back of the dust cover extends too far out to allow it to close as it contacts the gearbox first, and the upper receiver doesn't have a notch to allow it to click in either way... My dust cover is held open all the time, not sure why you'd want to close it.

"Note that the G&P upper receiver's ejection port is of a different size than the TM standard. So while you can fit mock bolt plate into the receiver and related pulley bit onto the charging handle, you will not be able to use (at least not functionally, it'd still fit) TM spec'd dust cover with closing tab. The dust cover simply will not be able to close due to the dimensional difference. So instead of a normally closed dust cover, you'd end up with an always open one. Of course, that'd still look more cosmetically correct when you are shooting the gun."

The charging handle doesn't work for a different reason.

Comment

A friend reversed the spring to hold it closed. Charging handle didn't work, but did look quite nice, and obviously kept crud out the internals well too.
      Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
        A friend reversed the spring to hold it closed. Charging handle didn't work, but did look quite nice, and obviously kept crud out the internals well too.
        It is meant to be closed..

Oh well , looks like some modding and ingenuity are about to ensue.. and destroy my gun in the attempt to make it work.

Originally posted by tisane
        Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Comment

My Magpul MOE came with the port open all times, no way of closing it, presumed it was a feature

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

It is a feature mate. All g&p guns are the same except the gas ones where the dust cover does close.

Comment

Mine was interfering with my hop dial
              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thunderfury Find out more about Thunderfury
              Working...
              X