Impact BFG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact BFG

I am rather interested in the dynatec impact grenades, but would like to hear a bit more about them, as I haven't yet managed to find any reviews on them, any input into the reliabilitty, durability and overall usefullness of thes would be very much appreciated.

Re: Impact BFG

Excellent grenades once you know how to throw them, VERY durable and impressive. Hwever the way to throw them depends on the one you have. There are two, one that you prime and then pull the pin and just drop, or there are self priming ones which are more difficult to throw. Which have to hit the ground with some force at the right place.

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Ok, I suspect some sites won't like these then

Comment

My site doesn't allow them. The sheer weight of them is worrying, you could easily put some one in hospital with one if you hit their head or face.

Comment

Our sites allow them, they can only be rolled.

Any sites that allowed them to be thrown, and people actually throw them eed there head seeing too. Who in their right mind would throw a 2lb lump of metal and plastic above knee height?

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
            Our sites allow them, they can only be rolled.

Any sites that allowed them to be thrown, and people actually throw them eed there head seeing too. Who in their right mind would throw a 2lb lump of metal and plastic above knee height?
            Sorry to hijack but does this mean FAO allow BFG's now?

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing thunder.
              The asylum wouldn't let me use mine a couple of weeks back....

Comment

The impact grenades are a nice idea, but seeing as its pretty much universally accepted that you cannot throw a BFG, only roll them, theyre not particularly useful. Stick with the good 'ol timed ones.

Speaking of which, does anyone know a way to change the delay on the timed BFG? I find 2 seconds isnt quite long enough, 3 or 4 would be nice.

Comment

takeing them apart i think the work with a massive o-ring.
                  could find a slightly bigger one

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                    The impact grenades are a nice idea, but seeing as its pretty much universally accepted that you cannot throw a BFG, only roll them, theyre not particularly useful. Stick with the good 'ol timed ones.

Speaking of which, does anyone know a way to change the delay on the timed BFG? I find 2 seconds isnt quite long enough, 3 or 4 would be nice.
                    Leave it cocked perhaps? Deffo don't put any silicon inside lol. That will bring it down to almost instantly.

And Bfgs are now allowed.
                    Pretty sure last week at the tunnels was their return :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                      My site doesn't allow them. The sheer weight of them is worrying, you could easily put some one in hospital with one if you hit their head or face.

I took one of these to the face on a training day, no hospital, no teeth missing and no bruising, but then I always wear a full face mask for CQB.

I'm not saying that this makes them safe, but if thrown under arm, there shouldn't be any problems.

As with many things in airsoft, they are inherently dangerous, but we mitigate the danger by how we use them and what we wear.

Later daze

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by archangel View Post
                        I took one of these to the face on a training day, no hospital, no teeth missing and no bruising, but then I always wear a full face mask for CQB.

I'm not saying that this makes them safe, but if thrown under arm, there shouldn't be any problems.

As with many things in airsoft, they are inherently dangerous, but we mitigate the danger by how we use them and what we wear.

Later daze

Lee
                        Completely agreed. Used safely they can be safe. However there are slot of kids that play 12+, imagine one crouching and getting one in the head ( obviously he would be wearing full face ) and just because one person didnt lose teeth don't mean another would. You obviously have plenty of calcium in your diet lol!
                        However letting people throw them waist height may be fine every 200 throws. But there is always that chance something will go wrong, and these chances are massively cut by having a roll post or drop policy like FAO enforces :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
                          and these chances are massively cut by having a roll post or drop policy like FAO enforces :-)
                          Yup, BFGs and me don't mix! I had one launched at my knee and if it wasn't for the built in knee pads in the ops trews I had on that day (It was very lucky as I don't wear knee pads) it would have hit right on the knee cap, I felt like stuffing his bloody BFG down his throat.

Another bright sod rolled one into a stair well, not as bad maybe but he rolled it at pace like a bowling ball and as it semi bounced down the stairs it went off about a foot from my head (as it bounced past my head).

I was at the Embassy this saturday and the rolled and post of BFGs is now very strictly enforced, I don't care if it ruins someones ability to clear a room as I don't have to worried about being lumped by a solid chunk of metal.

Comment

Throw my impact downwards and only use for room clearance, no delay = no one can get into cover.
                            Awesome piece of kit.

Comment

I thought the idea of the impact grenades was to roll them across into walls? and not to actually trigger them with the floor?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ToaDi Kit mad, have far more than I need Find out more about ToaDi
                              Working...
                              X