servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servicing

i might be a new poster, but dont let that fool you i have been airsofting since 2000, and repairing gearboxes/guns

im looking for something to do of a weekend, got a spare room at home and need to fill it :D

just wondering whats the going rate of a shop, to strip down a gun / gearbox, clean it all out and relube, and making sure its in fully skirmishable order

is skirmishable even a word

and how much would you pay,

full strip down, clean, relube,
    the main service parts will be included in the price,
    any extra parts will have 'at cost' price (no profit) + no price for fitting as its allready in bits,
    guns will be chroned (madull) and rechroned after

then posted back to you,
    or willing to collect/deliver at cost
    £0.01 - £14.99
    15.69%
    £15.00 - £19.99
    33.33%
    £20.00 - £24.99
    26.47%
    £25+
    24.51%

Re: servicing

i know our local shop charges £30 just to open the g'box up! that doesnt include the OTT prices they put on parts. Then the only parts they want to sell you are systema! Which is why, like you i do my own mech work :D
    "Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most"

Comment

Hmm, well for £20 (reduced from original £25, starting July 11), I'll completely disassemble the rifle, take pictures of and advise the user of any parts which need replacing, check the air seal and put a different/ new o-ring on the piston head if necessary, correct Angle of Engagement with some thin plastic washers, re-shim the gearbox - which can take a long time, re-lube all of the components, clean the inner barrel, re-assemble and chrono with 0.20g BB's.

I'll also ensure as many screws as visible are tightened as much as possible on the exterior.

Of course, this is on a small-scale, and I don't post out to people. But I consider the price fair for what's done, which is fairly advanced (considering air seal and AOE) for just your average player.

Oh, and for parts, I add a 10% charge on top of part price and delivery for myself as at the end of the day, you're placing the order, it's coming to your address, and you're fitting it.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

i know gearbox work is not really that hard, but i also know some people are scared of even opening them up

Comment

Originally posted by yiddo212 View Post
          i know our local shop charges £30 just to open the g'box up! that doesnt include the OTT prices they put on parts. Then the only parts they want to sell you are systema! Which is why, like you i do my own mech work :D
          I will always advise what I think's best to use from past experience, but will often order the likes of Element parts to save costs for the end user.

As a "business", who should aim to give the person paying as much service as you can, surely asking them what they WANT in their gun isn't hard?

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
            I will always advise what I think's best to use from past experience, but will often order the likes of Element parts to save costs for the end user.

As a "business", who should aim to give the person paying as much service as you can, surely asking them what they WANT in their gun isn't hard?

totally agree with what you have said mate. i ended up in a blazing row with the gun tech in the shop as basically he was trying to hold my gun to ransom by insisting it "had to have" the most expensive parts.....needless to say that was when i started doing my own work......gotta love the customer service in some shops :D
            "Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most"

Comment

not looking into making it a business, just something to do at the weekend

Comment

Personally I charge £20 for going into the gearbox. It'll only increase above that if I have to do any major work or modifying, or an extensive overhaul that takes more than about an hour.

Stuff like hop changes and external work is cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                  what ever the customer wants gets really, i can only recomend, what i would use

i took apart a v2 TM gearbox and a JG V2 gearbox apart, and if a gearbox stripped a gear i would recomend, JG over the TM gears as the TM gears are cast, where as the JC might be monkey metal but are better metal, and not cast,

but my recomendation would be element due to cost and reliablity

Comment

i wont even look at a gun for less than 40 quid...

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                      true but then you get constant questions and bothering from people like me! I get my monies worth
                      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                        true but then you get constant questions and bothering from people like me! I get my monies worth
                        ahahah never a bother matey all part of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                          That.
                          Its a good day to die.

Comment

I think it depends on the job, going rate Ive seen for something simple like a spring change is about £20-25, so for a strip down, re-lube and re-shim etc. Id say about £30? Plus any extra costs ontop of that such as parts, postage etc.

Or there are some super nice techies who do it for free :P I know I owe a certain JJ several pints if I meet him at some point!
                            Last edited by Tiercel; 12 June, 2011, 15:43.

Comment

Lol, maybe I shouldn't be putting my prices down then. Bah.

Originally posted by Deadly View Post
                              That.
                              And what the hell is this supposed to mean, and how does it contribute to the thread?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

generalbaxter Find out more about generalbaxter
                              Working...
                              X