Postage responsibilities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postage responsibilities.

I have been thinking about this for a while now and need to see what others thoughts or expectations are.

There have been threads arround this area but I don't remember seeing one the same.

If I or someone sells an item, payment recieved, item packaged up and posted.

Now the item goes missing, but we still have the receipt. So we are covered for a claim.

Now here's the thing.

Where would you guys see the responsibility lying for replacement of the item or compensation. I remember seeing in a previous thread, a lot of people expected the poster to replace the item at his or her cost.

I would add to that. By having a receipt the poster has entered into a contract with the postal company to deliver the item and they are responsible for the satisfactory delivery of the item. Not the seller as he/ she has asked a delivery company to deliver on their behalf. By taking payment and giving a receipt they have agreed to do so.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Re: Postage responsibilities.

I'd say the buyer gets refunded.

Seller has to go through reclaiming from who ever he posted via
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
      I'd say the buyer gets refunded.

Seller has to go through reclaiming from who ever he posted via
      agree. As Midas stated it is the seller that has the contact with the delivery company and not the buyer.

Comment

Buyer has paid for goods, if the goods don't turn up, seller refunds. Excuse of "well it was postal service that lost it, not me" is balls.

There's a boat-load of these threads
        Originally posted by andre the giant
        ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

As far as im concerned its a case of...
          Seller refunds buyer then claims from courier/RM.

The buyer has no responsibility for the package untill it hits their door IMO, so why should they wait an eternity for a refund?

Comment

I agree with the above. I've got 15 parcels going out tomorrow and i accept its my responsibility

Comment

Id say its the sellers responsibility until the package arrives safely with the buyer. If the buyer doesnt get it, the seller has to do the chasing. Which I suppose would put the seller in a bad place if they didnt declare the proper value of their package!

Comment

nope, I disagree, as soon as it goes to RM I always see a buyer's responsibility ending. legally, take the postal rule for contracts for instance, if you want to sign a contract, as soon as the letter is posted it is taken to be recieved. As far as I'v always been concerned, that carries over to sales, otherwise no buyer would ever want sellers to use special delivery etc ...

thats probablyt the minority, and if it were me, I'd probably still refund, but depending on the circumstances (level of insurance requested by buyer etc) possibly only part ... case by case basis and all that
                KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                mix'n'match M4
                Maruzen P99

Comment

Buyer gets refunded by postal service.

He then pays back the amount that the seller sent him to pay for the item.

That way no-one loses out.

'FireKnife'
                  68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                  Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

@andysmith

The royal fail begs to disagree with your view, if you buy an item, it is posted to you but disappears into the black hole in the royal fails basement and you attempt to chase it they will simply tell you get whoever sent it to raise the claim for it going missing.
                    Originally posted by tackle
                    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                      Buyer gets refunded by postal service.

He then pays back the amount that the seller sent him to pay for the item.

That way no-one loses out.

'FireKnife'
                      Why would a seller send money to a buyer?
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

@Hunter

wierd ... could well be right, I just don't think a seller should be held liable for royal mail's failure. I'm always willing to offer multiple forms of postage (with varying levels of insurance etc) because my starting point is that in the case that royal mail loses something, I will prove that I have sent it, and try to get the buyer what I can from royal mail, but thats as far as I go, I'm not going to issue a refund if they chose standard parces over special delivery because it was cheaper. if people want full guarantee that an item won't be lost in the mail, they should go with special delivery and ask for it when buying in my opinion.
                        KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                        mix'n'match M4
                        Maruzen P99

Comment

Originally posted by HunterAndy View Post
                          Why would a seller send money to a buyer?
                          I presume he just got the buyer and seller the wrong way around.

I would say if the package has taken over 10 days after the RM estimated delivery date and it has still not arrived then the seller should refund the buyer and then claim back from RM.

Comment

As abve

Buyer pays ( done there bit )
                            Seller posts ( done there bit )
                            Buyer doesnt receive = buyers job to claim etc

As a seller always make sure you send recorded that way its hopefullt traceable down to where it was last.

Comment

Originally posted by b16jus View Post
                              As abve

Buyer pays ( done there bit )
                              Seller posts ( done there bit )
                              Buyer doesnt receive = buyers job to claim etc

As a seller always make sure you send recorded that way its hopefullt traceable down to where it was last.
                              and to stop buyers pulling the old paypal reversal scam also! tracking number is all paypal accepts as proof after all
                              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                              Working...
                              X