This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on sidearms!

as it says above i'm lookin for a sidearm and need advice on makes models and prices.
    cheers

Re: advice on sidearms!!!

TM sig p226!!

Comment

or the TM MK23.
      SAVE OUR SPORT
      http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

By a sidearm do you mean a boring old gas pistol?
        If so you want to look at basically TMs entire range- anything they do you like will be a good gun- its just basically the look and price

If however you want something thats actually gonna save your neck in a firefight, go for what i do- AK-47! Ok, maybe not a full AK, but what about- MAC-10, MP5K, MP7, M4 Patriot, Stubby Killer, Stockless AK, Uzi? All totally valid options often overlooked
        G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
        RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Wrong thread sorry
          HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Anything of Marui's latest range:

MEU, 1911A1, Glock, Hi-Capa or P226 should be good enough as a standard sidearm, looking around £60-90 second hand or around £90-130 new.

If your looking for a cheaper alternative then try some of the HFC M190 series or the Glock 17, not as flash or expensive as a Marui but does the job all the same.

'FireKnife'
            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

no he meens pistol aeviv but i personally like the ksc mac 11 and sig p226

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
                By a sidearm do you mean a boring old gas pistol?
                If so you want to look at basically TMs entire range- anything they do you like will be a good gun- its just basically the look and price

If however you want something thats actually gonna save your neck in a firefight, go for what i do- AK-47! Ok, maybe not a full AK, but what about- MAC-10, MP5K, MP7, M4 Patriot, Stubby Killer, Stockless AK, Uzi? All totally valid options often overlooked
                LRN2SHOOT.

Seriously. There are a hundred reasons why a pistol is better than a second rifle.
                /9 out.

Comment

Seconded on the choose a model and buy the TM version.
                  "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

why is a pistol better than a second rifle if a second rifle has better FPS and and higher capacity mag then Nine?

Comment

If ur planning on carrying it into the field with ur primary then u gotta think about where ur gunna keep it, on ur back, round ur shoulder and so on. For me, it would just get in the way and irritate the hell outov me, whereas a pistol provides a decent back up and its easy to carry in the field u along with ur main weapon.
                      Armoury:
                      JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Comment

Id go with Marui. If you dont want to spend x amount on gas look at the AEP series. I fired a friends USP AEP and goes about 30 odd metres.
                        Alpha Elite Gaming, Jersey C.I

Comment

Prices for AEP's these days are borderline ridiculous, especially the TM versions. Stick with Gas, even if they are less reliable in the winter there still more powerfull, enjoyable and fun. My AEP died and I have no intrest in replacing it.
                          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

Comment

is there a noticable difference in the effectiveness of gas compared to electric?

Comment

Personally I find it depends on where you play. If your doing CQB, the low FPS of an AEP is not so much of an issue and most of the time your indoors and theres no wind to effect your shots and typically your much closer to your target.

AEP's in woodland, the drawbacks of range and power would be greater. But again you could argue that if your reverting to a pistol it's usually in a last ditch effort, or space is too confined for your main anyway.

On a side note, having the full auto option on AEP's is a nice feature and is fun to use, however most CQB sites are semi auto only these days and some Woodland sites force semi auto in close proximity area's, like the maze in GZ if i'm not mistaken. Also people like nine (i think) would stress that if your being forced to use your pistol as a last resort the last thing you want to do is squander ammo.

Either way, I would recommend GBB's as they are amongst the most enjoyable parts of airsoft with the blow back, 1:1 scale mags and having the slide lock when you run out of ammo.

However this is just my opinion and I know several people who love AEP's.
                              Last edited by Another; 30 January, 2009, 17:43.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gingerpanda Find out more about gingerpanda
                              Working...
                              X