TM 1911 MEU upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM 1911 MEU upgrades

Hi guys and gals... As you can guess I have the above mentioned and would like to know what upgrades are available, how they will help and where to find them my 1911 works fine so I'm kinda going against my "if it ain't broke don't fix it" theory but I'd like to see if I can get anymore out of an almost perfect pistol.... Cheers

Re: TM 1911 MEU upgrades

PDI 6.01 tightbore and a Laylax Nineball hop rubber. Can't tell you where to find them due to forum rules.

Comment

Here you go!

- Raven PDI 6.01 tightbore barrel
      - 120% recoil spring set
      - fine polish the slide contacts
      - OOoh yes and the Nineball Rubber. Ninja'd by hunter!

Not sure what else you can do to a 1911 that will give it so much more goodness. A lot of the Hi capa upgrades dont work for 1911s.

Comment

Cheers guys, going on a hunt for parts.

Comment

Different grips if you want as well. Also you could get some night sights, just depends if you do night games or not.

Comment

Well being a 1911 you can pretty much find an upgrade or alternative to every major operating part on it.

Personally i would say that the best internal setup is a PDI tightbore, stock hop, stock BBU internals, shimmed magazines, hi-flow valves if you need them.

For the outside pretty much anything you want from it can be done, from lengthened slide and mag catches to threaded barrels, extended safties and a huge selection of grip choices.

'FireKnife'
            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Cheers for the help guys, I think I'm going for a tighter barrel and maybe a little "outside fanciness" like grips

Comment

I would say nine-ball gas rubbers for your mags if you want to consistently get the whole 25 rounds out of them...

Comment

they dont make 9ball routers 4 1911 yet! Unless im wrong.4 your mags you want lee precision mag shims!very cheap but good. 4 the gun as above pdi raven 6.01 barrel and 9ball rubber. Pdi loadin nozzle and piston head. Metal kit is up to you? If you do 150% springs 4 def. And maybe some real parmyr grips(very bad spellin lol) fit perfect. Also a full length steel guide rod is a very good idea 4 smooth cycle and accuracy. I built one from scratch b4.no how to make them perfect. Depends on how much £

Comment

I'd go for a normal PDI 6.01 over the Raven. The Raven is quite junky.

The gas routers aren't made for 1911. But, and it's a big but they have been used in 1911 mags and worked. However i would have no idea how efficient they would be. Easiest way to get better efficiency is the mag shims.

I always go for a nineball rubber as i find it keeps the flight path more consistent. As it's slightly harder than the stock TM it keeps it shape better, specially when fast firing or in cold weather.

As for grips, you have so many choices. Pachmayr American Legend's are up there with the best. And fit without modifications. I currently have a set of applejack grips. They are the sex in my humble opinion.

One thing to make sure when getting new grips is to get ones with an ambi safety cut for the MEU. It's easy to do yourself if needed, but will look and function alot better if done from the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by dantwnn View Post
                      they dont make 9ball routers 4 1911 yet! Unless im wrong.4 your mags you want lee precision mag shims!very cheap but good. 4 the gun as above pdi raven 6.01 barrel and 9ball rubber. Pdi loadin nozzle and piston head. Metal kit is up to you? If you do 150% springs 4 def. And maybe some real parmyr grips(very bad spellin lol) fit perfect. Also a full length steel guide rod is a very good idea 4 smooth cycle and accuracy. I built one from scratch b4.no how to make them perfect. Depends on how much £
                      I think meant Guarder 'air-tight' rubbers...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pagey83 Find out more about Pagey83
                      Working...
                      X