Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hicap mags

Tried fitting my old JG M4 Hicap mag in my AAR85 tonight,

It doesnt fit, when I got told all M4 Mags will fit! Also the SA80 Mag is about half an inch longer than my M4 one

Fully wound up and full of bb's, when clicked into the chamber, no bb's are coming out, but they do with the other mag

Can you buy specific SA80 Mags?

Re: Hicap mags

Ive never had any problems with M4 mags in my SA80 :S

So the M4 mag wont work in your SA80? Does your M4 mag work in your M4? Test it now to make sure
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

M4 is broke

stripped and sold the bits that work

but it wasnt firing bb's when it broke either, but they were loading, just getting stuck in the broken Hop-up :/

Comment

some mags just dont like some guns......

one of my m4 mags wont work in my spr......... fact of life

Comment

I ordered the exact same mag as the one that doesnt fit

so it might work in my SA80, when the other doesnt?

Comment

isit china made?

Comment

Is it loose? The cheap ones might require a little the catches pulling out a fraction with some pliers.

SA80 mag comes longer with the AA, but makes no difference except capacity.

Comment

Some Real Steel M16 mags don't work well with a real L85A1. Even though it's technically supposed to be able to take all STANAG mags, a few of the reliabilty issues with the A1 were caused by dodgy magazines causing stoppages.

So really your AAR85 is just being true to life to it's real steel counterpart :D

Comment

as the real a1 mags were also plastic! not all m4/m16 will work with every gun mate, you could try the star L85 mags, they might fit, however the L85 mags by star are bigger and chunky than some mags, and funnyly enough they dont work in the m249 lol, such is life!
                  Originally posted by bravotwozero
                  Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

Based on logic they should all fit the other guns, sometimes they don't and sometimes they do, usually this is a problem for the guns and magazines often coming from China as they aren't built to a decent standard or QC so they may have tiny changes between makes that can make all the difference to which guns they work in.

'FireKnife'
                    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

try winding the mag after it is in the gun, and not before. sometimes if you wind the mag before it is in the gun and then put it in the gun, the mag unwinds itself.

Comment

Will try zulus suggestion

The SA80 its-self is Army Armament

The stubborn mag is Jing Gong, I take it thats the problem then?

The new mag on its way is DBoyz, so hopefully that will work

Comment

just to add -

The JG M4 Mag goes in and fits, but it can be pulled out without pressing the mag release catch - what can I do to stop that, apart from tape around the mag

No Joy winding up mag once loaded

Comment

get a different mag......... its gunna be a pain

Comment

I didn't make it too clear before.

What you need to do is get some pliers, and on the mag pull out the catches a little bit

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sk8inmadkid Find out more about sk8inmadkid
                              Working...
                              X