Which G36???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which G36???

Hi there guys, really love the whole G36 range and am looking for a second hand one on here, but which make is best?

JG? CA? STAR? I've looked at online reviews and all seem to be praised but which one should I go for?

I prefer realism in my guns, so thats one factor, and I'd probably be looking for an internally upgraded one to buy, so stock performance isn't that important.

Also, the M4 magwell conerter, is there a reason for that? Because I like the look of g36 Mags. I mean is there anything wrong with them or do people just do it because M4/16 mags are so easy to get hold of?

Cheers
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: Which G36???

I'll start the ball rolling.

Got a CA G36c. Not sure how it holds up against the rest, but is made of a lot of plastic. On the upside the ROF is very nice on a 9.6v and it is just a really nice piece of kit.

For the magwell conversion it is only really convenience. Most people have more than one gun, if they all take the same mag, it is a lot easier.

Comment

I wouldn't discount the TM G36 series. I would have picked others over it initially but having had a go with one, they're more solid than I thought.

Comment

Ahh of course, forgot the TM one lol
        TMs are USUALLY too plasticy for my liking, although my M14 socom does have a good feel and weight to it, so ill bear them in mind too
        Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

ive owned 2 TM 36's, once CA and used a star....

id take the TM anyday, seems more solid than the others and just feels nicer in the hands.

Reaver
          "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

I'd second that. The TM G36 or G36C is a rock solid gun. VERY strong, very well built and performs great as well.

Comment

Ok, on which on to get, firstly, what are you going to be using it for, CQB or woodland, are you a tall mofo, average height, short etc etc. The G36c and even the G36K will work well in urban but all three will be fine in woodland. G36c's come with a flat rail for mounting whatever you want on them, where as the K and full length (G36E) come with scope carry handles which are a bit hit and miss.

Which make, Well they will all be plastic as the "real steel" gun by H&K is made out of a plastic polymer to reduce weight. As for which Brand, Star use a version 2 gearbox in theirs as far as I know, where as CA, TM and JG all use V3. I would go with one of these brand, each offer's it own strong points. TM only makes the G36c where as CA, JG and Star make the full range.

TM, the original offers TM reliability out of the box, Full trade marks on the receiver, and by adding in some metal bearings and an M90 spring you will have a lovely 320ish FPS firing weapon, may need new gears for a stronger spring. However the body is made out of Standard ABS which gains a slight shine after a while but nothing major. TM's come with bottom rails on the handgaurd but no side rails. Usually shoot 290ish out the box. this is the middle costing of the three.

CA, Almost identical to the Marui accept the whole front barrel assembly on in the CA is made of metal unlike TM's plastic as far as I am aware. CA also use a polymer which is very close to the real thing's polymer and does not go shinny. The body does not have the proper trade marks but look similar. CA's gear box come pre-upgraded with metal bearings and re-enforced gears and usually shoot 310ish out the box and have bottom and side rails on the Hand gaurd. Most expensive of the three.

JG's are an exact clone of the TM, with a few differences. They come with tightbore barrels (6.03 or whatever was in the factory that day), re-enforced gears and usually come shooting out the box at 360+ fps and no trade marks on the receiver, but does come packed with a battery. A good clean of the gear box, shimming and lower powered spring makes this a very reliable gun. This is the cheapest of three and is availible in C, K and E lengths

I have no experience with stars I'm afraid. I use a JG G36c myself as it was an affordable way into the sport and I've had no reason to change it, although I'm always on the look-out for a second hand TM body for the trades.

As for the Magwell convertor, the G36 mags do look nice (especially the low-caps with the fake bullets) but are more bulky than M4 mags. Most vest and pouches designed to take two M4 mags will only take one G36 mag.
              Last edited by Another; 31 January, 2009, 19:50.
              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Thanks to everybody, this has all been a lot of help. Due to all of the detail that Another has given me, I think I'll be looking for a CA G36C; CA because it seems to me I'll get a good balance of unaltered performance and realism, and a C because I have heard about the scope carry handles on the K and E being a bit 'hit and miss' before.

Unless anyone can vouch in favour of the carry handles on the K and E? I've heard a rumour about them cracking/breaking easily before...

Comment

you can get a rail for the k and e. means you can put any scope on it

Comment

Theres always second hand rails being sold in the accessories for sale section. Plus K and E's can mount the G36 grenade launcher if thats your thing. Of course though, using kits or second hand parts you can change any variant of the G36 into another.
                    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

TM g36's wins hand down for me everytime

Have owned tm g36c for just over 6 years now and is my most reliable gun as all that's been done to it is a 1j upgrade and metal bushings which gives me a nice fps of around 330-345 and has got a nice rof (used a large 8.4 3300mah bat in the large fore grip) and has got a very nice range.

With mine now ive decided to go for a change as ive now converted mine into the mg36 as there hardly any used at my site and wanted another support weapon lol.

Comment

having had a JG 36c current using a JG 36K and having played with a mates CA 36k with built in scope, i would have to same for feel and weight i prefer the K version, just a little longer with is nice, as for the materials used i think both are similar but as other have said the JG lacks trades.

As for the performance, JG usually come in around 340-360 out of the box however once you have put some rounds through it they settle down to around 330 which is bang on for most sites. Other than that the CA i used was a lot quieter than the JG but with new shims and a good clean re-grease it becomes much quieter. You can use 8.4 or 9.6 volt batteries with ease in either, but i am more than happy with the rate of fire from the 8.4.

The only issue with mags is as someone has stated if you have more than one gun, you usually have to shell out money and space for new mags, and the m4 converter i think looks nice on the gun. Other than that the size of the mags limits you to one per pouch, less you buy AK pouches, but the locking lugs on the sides of the mags really do bulk out any pouch and also adds a protruding surface that can catch on pouches, webbing, in fact they catch on most things, which is why i made the switch.

hope that helps.

Comment

jg c

Comment

I have a JG G36c and its solid, i have never had a problem with it and i have been using it pretty much every weekend for a year including evening games .... Its been dropped a few times, covered in mud, and used in heavy rain and its still working like a charm

Best value in my mind

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
                            Working...
                            X