X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone KNOW the legality of this, not just what they think

Originally posted by wolfsteiger View Post
    Sounding cool is one thing,

Do not contact the local FAO, he enforces the law, he does not know it inside out, consult a lawyer (I'd contact the pyro manufacturer and ask them), or pick up your pyro, read the insurance on it where it should state 'not to be thrown/launched' most pyros carry their own insurance to protect the manufacturer/user if done safely,

Besides that it is ILLEGAL to launch pyro in that manner and any site allowing it is liable for any injury caused, age old question, same answer all the time
    Sorry to pee on your fire, but nine times out of ten they do not know the law inside and out.

They usually radio back to the station to ask any questions they are not sure over. Where they must have someone to research for them.

Been there done that, while I am no expert even the local firearms guys near me were very understanding over a visit I had a while ago. Just explained what I did where we do it. Showed them copies of AI and showed them how an AEG worked. They left with hand shakes and good buys, the only complaint was not having a cuppa while they were there....In fact they were dissapointed at me for only having toys...lol. Well I can tell you...I wasn't...

If anyone is ever in that situation, just don't be an arse or try to be clever or you will soon be eating carpet. They don't mess about if they think you have firearms.

A pyro manufacturer is ALWAYS going to cover their own arse. Don't bother to ask them.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Just read through all that, aside from the LAW and how to get under it, maybe its worth proposing it to the site you are planning to use it on as it may be legal but it doesnt mean thier insurance company are going to be happy with it...

Bottom line you can build a LEGAL launcher but in regards to the site and corporate liability you may never be able to use it. Thats a very expensive door stop..
      Originally posted by Bluegill
      5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

We've all (myself included) been speculating on this one.

Please now only post if you KNOW what the law is, or are able to link to somewhere that adds to the FACTS provided already (ie quotes from the actual legislation or manufacturers).

All other posts will be removed in line with the OP's question.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
          What have an ACM AEG and a fat girl got in common ?

You think there both cool till your airsoft mates see you with them.
          I think I just died inside. Please stop posting terrible jokes.

And on topic, just throw it. Less hassle, one less item to take in game with you.
          Yes the first and only mortar launcher is pretty good, but in reality, it's not at all accurate and the range can be utterly pants.
          I have a video of me and Felix both firing them and basically wiping out our own players, whereas if we had done they've old fashioned way and thrown them, we would have got some kills.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

acheekymonkeyuk Find out more about acheekymonkeyuk
          Working...
          X