VSR with a ACOG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR with a ACOG?

I have been pondering over this for a while now. One of my local sites have a fps limit of 328 for any gun. My vsr is fully upgraded so when I put in a small spring, around 300 I believe it still fires very far and very accurate.

At the moment I have a large scope with a sun shade which my mates like to call, "Loo roll." Long story short, its too large. So without going CoD crazy, has anyone had any experiences with ACOG's or eotechs on snipers? Any advice or anything constructive is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Re: VSR with a ACOG?

When you say too large what do you exactly mean?
    www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

It would probably work very well in airsoft! But you should be burned at the stake for suggesting it
      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by TS_Welshy View Post
        It would probably work very well in airsoft! But you should be burned at the stake for suggesting it
        I know, took me half an hour just to post it!

The scope is too large as in heavy, magnification is 3.5-12 but still too magnified for what I hope to eventually do, get in close as possible. Its also just to change things around, you know us airsofters! :D
        "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

May I suggest an Elcan? Might look a bit better than an Acog.

Personally I think its a good idea. At the end of the day you dont need any more zoom than 4x in airsoft!

Comment

Hahaa, ooh that was fun.

"Nice gun Scorey, but did you really need to wrap that bog-roll around the scope?!"

Joking aside though, i think that using an ACOG or an EOtech would actually function fairly well. However, you leave yourself open to ginger-haired-rentals commenting on your gun: "mate, u look liek a MaSsIvE CoD FaNbOiii, mate!11!!"

And anyway, lets face it. These guys with epic scopes on their airsoft guns that can magnify from 4 - 24 times is just silly. Overkill for a toy gun that shoots plastic balls.

Comment

If you're not after Magnification just slap an eotech on it or another holographic/Red dot sight.
              www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

I was thinking a cheapish ACOG with no or 2x magnification, aimpoint with same mag or an Eotech... To be honest Kang I don't like the looks of the Eclan so i'm gonna stay well clear...

Just need to find some gold paint and its as if I am in CoD!

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
                  Just need to find some gold paint and its as if I am in CoD!
                  Mm, dont forget to pack your throwing knives for Saturday, eh? And your trauma kit for when you try dolphin-diving and break a rib or two..

:D

Comment

I would personally go with iron sights however I think an Aimpoint would look alright and tbh as far as quick target acquisition is concerned, a red dot will be much better than a scope.
                    "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
                    Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by MistroJoe View Post
                      I would personally go with iron sights however I think an Aimpoint would look alright and tbh as far as quick target acquisition is concerned, a red dot will be much better than a scope.
                      Got a G-SPEC... No iron sights for me... *Sigh*

Comment

Had a VSR out with an EOtech attached and I was more effective at using it than when I used a proper optic. Guess that says more about my playing style than anything, but it was really effective.

Comment

I think it'd work well, you will get the rentals calling CoD fanboy, maybe the odd 360 no-scope joke from them but hey if you can ignore that for quicker targeting its most certainly worth it. :D

Comment

3.5x is probably spot on for airsoft shooting wise.

I have seen just about any scope on VSR's, a particular favourite was an aimpoint. I have never tried my ACOG on my VSR but I have fitted it onto my air rifle before just to see how it looked. It doesn't look too out of place, of course those who scream realism in airsoft would hang you for doing this but I have one thing to say on that matter.
                            Screw them your doing it for fun not to be overly realistic, if it were realistic the BB's out of a sniper rifle would travel out to 200 meters scale wise.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Can i just add i use a high powered big scope, have it set to x6 which i found perfect for most the shots i take. Although this isnt on topic as such as you wont have a min engagement, I like to see my shots hit, and when engaging targets at 70M i dont x3 magnification would cut it in my opinion.

On topic, ive seen people use red dots on vsrs but like i said, i like to be able to track the bb in my scope

Originally posted by Metalbody
                              pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Christo Just another airsofter own in the south of England. Find out more about Christo
                              Working...
                              X