Charging a deans battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging a deans battery

So recently I bought a gun that game with a deans battery, sadly I didn't have a deans charger so I went out and bought an adapter. The adapter goes from Tamiya to Deans, it fits all good.

Now when I plug it all in, I keep getting the feelings its not charging.

The charger itself is warm when you feel it, I feel the battery and its still cold, even after 6 hours of charging. When I plug it all in, the light on the charger pops red then pops back off.

I'm charging a 8.4 Battery with Deans connector.

The charger is an ASG Pro Charger.

I would appreciate any help.
    Its a good day to die.

Re: Charging a deans battery

Does the battery itself work after you've charged it?

Comment

Um, when I got the battery, it had a bit of charge in it so I probably won't know that until I have actually killed the battery charge. I will be at airsoft tomorrow so I will see then.

Its the fact is I just get the feeling its not charging like its been on a nearly 10 hour charge and its still not warming up though the charger is nice and warm.
      Its a good day to die.

Comment

Get the solder iron out and put a connector onto your battery charger connector?
        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Rather not as I only have 1 charger and a gun and battery that have Tamiya connectors, its the reason I bought the adapter.
          Its a good day to die.

Comment

wouldnt a multimeter tell you if the battery had any juice?

Comment

If you only have 1 charger 1 battery and 1 gun

then change them to deans its afar better connecter than tamiya etc

Comment

Definitely what b16jus said.

In the meantime, as dwarfy mentioned, get a multimeter, set it to about 20v DC then touch the probes to the battery connector.
                If it's an 8.4v battery (assuming it is) then it should read about 9V if fully charged
                Likewise, a 9.6V battery should read about 10-11V if fully charged.

You could also check that your adaptor is fine, set your multimeter to the resistance setting, then connect the probe to each end of one of the wires, making sure that the buzzer sound is clean and the reading drops to 0 fairly quickly. Same for the second wire.
                If it doesn't do this you probably have a break in the wire which is why it's not charging.

Comment

I was playing about with it and it looks like its something to do with the adapter so I am going to remove the Tamiya from the adapter, make sure the wiring is okay then solder it back on. If that doesn't work, I'v got another adapter already coming so I will see if that one works on it and if it doesn't I am removing the deans and soldering it to the charger and onto my M4.
                  Its a good day to die.

Comment

the charger may be a slow charger - 100mah/hr it will make your battery luke warm
                    i got a 9.6v 2800mah battery and it takes more than a day 1/2 to charge as the mah charge is lowwer with higher volt batteries
                    Originally posted by DCRISP07
                    An argument over screws, only on Zeroin :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deadly Find out more about Deadly
                    Working...
                    X