Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An M9 that doesnt suck?

Afternoon chaps and chapettes,

Im in the market for an M9 as I love them, they bring out the inner John McClane etc.

Im looking for some advice from M9 owners as to which brand to go with, now normally I wouldnt even consider a pistol from anyone else other than Marui, however Ive had a TM Tacmaster before and it was alright, except for the fixed hop and it cycled retty shoddily (then again it was 2nd hand so maybe it was just too used and abused). Im looking for something a bit better, I am tempted by the KWA/KSC M9 PTP however theyre full metal arent they? Which I dont tend to trust as Ive yet to own a ful metal pistol that actually works. Not to mention Ive had nothing but bad experiences with KSC guns in the past and I dont really want to be buying the silly expensive Sys7/NS2 mags. Also the hideous, hideous markings on it "6MM TRAINING PISTOL" no thanks...

Ive owned a socom gear/WE 1911 before and if thats anything to judge by Im never buying another SG/WE pistol again, it was truely terrible.

so anyway, yes, any reccomendations for an M9 that doesnt suck please?

Re: An M9 that doesnt suck?

How about a 5-7? KWA do a good PTW M9
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

HFC m9s are quite good. Get one new though as parts are hard to come by. Not too expensive either but don't expect godly performance though they do fare well.
      www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

I have a 5.7, its a lovely pistol but I want an M9. Also I mentioned the KWA/KSC PTP, they look nice but Im put off by the full metalness and the hideous markings.

Originally posted by Sabbath View Post
        HFC m9s are quite good. Get one new though as parts are hard to come by. Not too expensive either but don't expect godly performance though they do fare well.

Yeah Im trying to avoid cheaper brands as Ive never had a decent performing "cheapsoft" pistol, AEGs on the other hand cheapsoft is great, but GBB's have given me nothing but grief, never buying another KJW or AA again!

Comment

probably western arms for the most accurate in trades....
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I have a 5.7, its a lovely pistol but I want an M9. Also I mentioned the KWA/KSC PTP, they look nice but Im put off by the full metalness and the hideous markings.

Love you! And yes I agree thats what puts most people off of them
            Originally posted by Tiercel
            The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Well my TM Tacmaster is incredible. And I mean incredible. You can fettle with the fixed hop yourself, and then run 0.25s through it and it will be a beast. I have recorded 30-35m kills with my Tacmaster. It's all stock except for fiddling to make it hop a bit more to use 0.25s.

Ask Boo-Sabum Ben if you don't believe me! He's been on the end of it! You must've just had a bad one, it's by far and away the most reliable and usable pistol I've had.
              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                probably western arms for the most accurate in trades....
                Not interested in trades accuracy wise, I just dont like the absoutely FUGLY markings KWA/KSC insist on putting on their guns.

Welshy: Hmm, entirely possible I did just get a duff beaten up 2nd hand one, what exactly do you do to the hop to use it on .25s?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                  Yeah Im trying to avoid cheaper brands as Ive never had a decent performing "cheapsoft" pistol.
                  If you know someone with an HFC beretta try it out. I was pretty surprised as i also have a similar bias. Hence i got myself an HFC glock a while back :-)
                  www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

KWA USA do have the PTP and 6mm markings, but there are other versions made by them ,and KSC which do have more reputable trades, i have a KSC M9 with decent trades i think its a S7, i cant remember but i think the grips do not have the beretta badge which is the only downside, but im sure you can get RS grips or nice aftermarket ones
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The KWA ones are lovely, rock solid construction, smooth action, when you fire it's like the world is ending. Good performance too, thanks to the system 7 ns2 internals.
                      - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
                      - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

I have the KJW M9 abs model. Very decent gun if your not after the full metal.

Comment

So can you get a KWA Sys7 PTP without the hidous markings? Or just suck it up and get over the uglyness? :P

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
                            I have the KJW M9 abs model. Very decent gun if your not after the full metal.
                            I have also seen these for sale on some retailers sites for £50-60 new, Bargain

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                              So can you get a KWA Sys7 PTP without the hidous markings? Or just suck it up and get over the uglyness? :P
                              Do you want an M9 that shoots well, or one that looks like a real one? You can't have both.
                              For the former, I'd suggest KSC System 7. Mine has worked well in all weathers.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                              Working...
                              X