Collapse

Magnets for holders, crazy or probable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnets for holders, crazy or probable?

If this goes somewhere else i do appologise but here goes.

I was thinking about this and it didn't seem that far feteched to me. So you've got a vest, and you sew, stick and basically attach either a strip of metal or the actual magnet i wouldn't know what would work better. Then on your (it would have to be rather big gun i suppose) AEG you put the reverse of either the magnet or strip of metal.

So advantages
    -No sling, extremely fast movement from holstered to ready posistion
    -No tangling up with sling

But disadvantages
    -Could be quite weighty
    -" " " expensive (i dont know magnets!)
    -Magnets would have to be quite strong

Just wondered if anyone has attempted this and either succeded or failed and how they coped. And if anyone can help me with this project?

Much appreciated
    Current Armoury
    TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Re: Magnets for holders, crazy or probable?

i know there are magnetic holsters for pistols

but the ones ive seen for rifles dont look particularly good

an electro magnet could be used so that you could have a very strong magnet on the back to hold the gun, and then the magnet can be released so you don't have to yank the gun off potentially damaging it or straining your arms - you know the sort of thing magnetic doors have
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Due to AEGs having motors and other parts that would be sensitive to magnets, I'm not sure this would be a good idea. You'd have to take a great deal of care when holstering the rifle to make sure you don't attach it to your gear set, and shifting it about as you move.

Something about this idea just doesn't seem like a good to me.

Comment

I dont know if I'd trust an AEG to magnets.
        Mags possibly. I was thinking of doing that for my CQB kit. Just sewing a few of those earth magnet thingies to some velcro then sticking the velcro to the exposed bit on my paca so the mags just stick.
        I'd have to add some metal to my mag mids but I think it should work.
        *edit*
        Actually I have a few of those magnets laying around. I might give it a go if I can find some velcro.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Felixpredator Find out more about Felixpredator
        Working...
        X