Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

ok my dad doesnt like airsoft what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok my dad doesnt like airsoft what do you think?

ok my dad doesnt like airsoft. he is ex-RAF and doesnt seem to understand why "grown men would play something with toy guns and dont just join the real army!" (thats what he said)
    i love airsoft dont get me wrong but i would like to know your reasons for playing. ex- army or not army at all?
    i would like to try and get some hardcore evidance to back up my point.
    please please help!!!

Re: ok my dad doesnt like airsoft what do you think?

basically because i love guns, and i can shoot my friends without killing them or them killing me

nar mostly because its such a fun hobby that requires much more than a normal sport, it gives me the thrill and fun parts of being in the army (almost) whithout shot at in iraq or wherever

i also play because im looking at a career in the military and its the closest you can get to it without signing on the dotted line
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Does he say the same about call of duty? As is it basicly the same thing?
      Running round shooting people?

I plan to join the army/navy but that isnt why i got into it. I like the whole technical side of it and running about.

Comment

Airsoft is used for military force on force training tell him that

Airsoft is military reenactment where you can shoot each other making things realistic as possible

Airsoft is the same sort of as paintball but with realistic guns

Comment

ok thats good
          but cod aint like airsoft m8!!
          i think the main reason he doesnt like it is the cost. he doesnt see why someone should spend £££s on a toy gun!
          i do it and he doesnt like it!
          cod £50 game thats it and it isnt close to being real!

Comment

Because it's a fun game to play that doesn't result in death, encourages team play, personal fitness and discipline, and gets people outdoors. Frankly the whole "why don't you join the army instead" is such a weak pathetic lame argument - the whole point of a hobby is that it takes you away from your day job, or your normal day-to-day life for a while.....
            WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

hmmm i see what your saying mini but he says that an airsoft gun doesnt react like the real steel so how can it replicate a battle that targets would be 200ms away?

Comment

my parents dont agree to airsoft because of the cost, but they support in it because its character building and its relevant to a job ill be doing in the near future.

Comment

cyber that is a very strong point and i will use that! thanks m8

Comment

hmm well my dad doesnt think that!

Comment

cod is hardly £50

you need a game, tv console, or a pc

and what else are you going ot spend it on, drugs alcohol clothes...

cost is irrelevant , i could go by a real gun for what i spend on airsoft but i dont want to murder people and enjoy the tactical part of the sport as well as buying lots of gear

as people have said, make friends, get to do stuff you like without risk of death, and its good to get out and do something

while the guns arnt realistic how we use them is, going in squads, using radio commands, team tactics real game simulations...
                      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

''ok my dad doesnt like airsoft what do you think?''

Kill your father, spend the insurance money on guns. And if you wanna get all shakespeare, marry yer mum and take over Denmark.
                        Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                        you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                        eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

that is not relevant!!
                          the fact that you didnt put "lol" or "joking" after that makes it sound offensive!
                          dont!
                          i want clear resons like everyone else!

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
                            ok thats good
                            but cod aint like airsoft m8!!
                            i think the main reason he doesnt like it is the cost. he doesnt see why someone should spend £££s on a toy gun!
                            i do it and he doesnt like it!
                            cod £50 game thats it and it isnt close to being real!
                            Yes it is!
                            Like i said you run around shooting people with certain senarios in both the game and airsoft.
                            If you look i said basicly i never just said its the same. and obv cod isnt close to being real, airsoft is maybe a bit closer.

Comment

Yeah, Ghosts post is not exactly helpful is it.... ermmmm how about saying that it has taught you the importance of safety with firearms, it is furthering you education with the technical side, and that it is getting you out and keeping you fit...
                              If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
                              Working...
                              X