Airsoft on your CV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft on your CV?

We have been looking for staff here at the shop I work at recently and had a lot of CV's handed in. And one of them was from a guy who does pistol target shooting for England, which is pretty unique. This made me think how many people out there have put Airsoft as their Hobby / Other Interests on their CV and have there been any interesting remarks / outcomes from it?

I have, and it has sparked a few interesting discussions in interviews, especially when I applied at Barclays House in Poole. She was trying to work out why I would play a sport that involved running around the woods with a toy gun that looked realistic, if it wasn't for training purposes. She couldn't get that it was simply for fun, and thought there was an alternative motive for it, which I don't think helped my application for the job (which I didn't get btw).

Re: Airsoft on your CV?

I haven't myself as I have been in my job longer than I have airsofted BUT I think it would be an awesome thing to add as it promotes team work and fast thinking. In fact will go add it to my CV now!

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I have it on my CV mate but it's never harmed any interviews or what ever as long as you don't sound like a mentalist or potential murderer with an unhealthy gun addiction that is.
      "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

I have it on my cv as it always begs the question "What is airsoft?" Which leads to being able to plug working in a team and commitments etc.

Always a plus on your CV as it can lead to your possible employers having a much more interesting and memorable conversation as every "Tom, Dick and Harry" has things like football etc on their CV. If you stick in the interviewers mind you have more of a chance of getting the job or second interview.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I had it on mine for a while. Even had a site owner as a character reference.
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

I wouldn't personally, I just think there are more negative connotations with Airsoft than positive, especially with the way the media publicise 'bb guns.'
            Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

I've certainly considered it, I mean depending on the job it can be good to put down that its good physical exercise and youre used to physical exertion. Also, if youre in a team, you could say that you have experience in low-level leadership and teamwork!

As for you Barclays application.. who would wana work for them anyway if they dont understand the fun in airsoft?!
              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I have it on there, but more often than not I just say 'Its basically paintball'. I die a little inside each time
                G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

No, probably not a good idea.

Because, half the time you'll get a blank face look back at you... "Wtf is this?"

And then you've got the awkward experience of explaining what it is.

I had an embarrasing time explaining it to a Colonel in an interview...

Just replace airsoft with, "Team based" games.
                  Last edited by bravotwozero; 18 August, 2009, 15:22.

Comment

hmm what should i say in my army interview when she asks "so what intrests/hobbys/sports do you have?"
                    Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
                      I have it on there, but more often than not I just say 'Its basically paintball'. I die a little inside each time
                      I do the same. Obviously say it's more team based and about honour, and less about pain. Give a rose tinted view, people wouldn't want to hire a paintballer either.
                      sigpic
                      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Do say Airsoft, then explain it. Try to emphasise the team part of it.

Also say it's a combat game where realistsic senarios are adopted .

Make it sound gooood!

EDIT: to jamie.

Comment

I doubt you'd have any problems saying Airsoft in an army interview mate as your just what they are looking for.
                          "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

Not all the time....

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
                              Do say Airsoft, then explain it. Try to emphasise the team part of it.

Also say it's a combat game where realistsic senarios are adopted .

Make it sound gooood!

EDIT: to jamie.
                              airsof, its a team based sport that is theamed around real world military conflicts?
                              Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rampage Have you ever stopped and thought about what your life revolves around? My life revolves around Airsoft Find out more about Rampage
                              Working...
                              X