Obsessed with Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsessed with Tuning

So whilst driving along today thinking about anything but work i realised i'm totally obsessed with modding or "tuning" things.
    I just can't seem to stop, I have 200bhp Defender sat in the drive, a water cooled pc, I don't think I have one airsoft gun that hasn't been played with in some manor. Hell we bought a new house a couple months ago, within a day of moving in I had the floor boards up to run cat6 and installed Ceiling speakers in the lounge.

Like me I know there a lot of people that mod their gear:
    For instance out the box both my TM M14 socom and M4 Sopmods are amazing. But that hasn't stopped me from tuning the hell out of the M14 and already have started mildly doing the Sopmod.

So why do we tune something that in essence works well enough, do you expect more. Is it because everyone else is doing it?

For one i sometimes don't know why I do, but i love trying to see how far I can push things. IE setting my self a goal, staying well under site limits and still out preforming a lot of other guns.
    "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
    Life in the fast lane........
    sigpic

Re: Obsessed with Tuning

I think it is much easyier to explain than that....

Some people are never satisfied....

Me included.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Why do we tune things?

Because when we're paying ever increasingly extortionate prices for things, we want to make the most out of our moneys!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I think its a matter of personalisation, i.e. making something your own through the use of FIC, Tightbore Barrels or Pink draylon.

Otherwise, what makes us different from another average joe? It's the differences obviously.

I know some guys go MAD over their PC's (at one point, myself included.... UV-reactive parts inside my case, water cooling, heat spreaders, edged case windows, the works!!!) but modding our cars or AEG's is simply a way of expressing ourselves.

The art of customisation is not wasted on Computer Games either. Look at so many of releases from the past few years, you will see customisation in there (COD, MOH, Forza, NFS to name but a few).

So then, are fluffy dice off an ACOG a step too far?

#carried away by a Moonlight shadow...#

Comment

I fear most of my money is going that route.

Just finished watercooling the PC, got a new exhaust for the bike, and now I've just ordered a WE14 from RATech with a few extra upgrade parts.

My bank account is threatening to kill itself unless I give it some more respect :p

Also fluffy dice on the ACOG.. I know someone who has loads of addons on their gun, I might find him and hang some on or try and get a picture.

Comment

Comment

I think alot can be put down to boredom

How many times have you got excited about a new gun arriving, then when you have had it for a few days thought...This gun needs something new now its boring like that.

I am really bad for it.

Comment

i would say personnalisation...
                make it different from the out of the box make it yours, not better, but yours.
                a french on a wrong side of the channel... but this country is a blast for any big boy in a mid life crisis (vxr8, slot car, CQB airsoft). See you on a wednesday at UA

Comment

I do it, I don't really know why I just think it's fun & interesting. I normally end up fixing things until they're broken. :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pacey Find out more about pacey
                  Working...
                  X