Chronographs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronographs.

Typical....Worked fine the last time I used it and now it just simply says error. I have a big dragon chrony.

So I undid the screws holding the gubbins inside to see if an untrained eye could fix the problem. It was very dissapointing to look at really. It looked like Stevie Wonder and Ray charles put it together over lunch.!

The quality was shocking, ok I bought it a few years ago and i think it was arround £30 from HK. But they are up for sale now in the UK for £90.

Im also thinking that some of the Airgun chrono's are going to be more accurate, given that they are controlled under law rather than just an expensive hobby.

So why would I want to buy an overinflated China import over something like the Alpha F1?

I'm also noticing the bay is getting to be more expensive than visiting indvidual outlets for prices too. Unless you ship from affar. But I need one quickly. So I can't.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Re: Chronographs.

I always have my trusty carboard box.....

Up to 150 fps they just bounce off the front.
    150 - 350 they go through one side but not out the other...9 times out of 10 anyway.
    Over 350 they just go through both sides.

Do you think it will catch on?...LOL.
    Gun tech.

Comment

HoW FIck is The CardboarD....

Comment

I hate to throw it in there, but I have always regarded them as rubbish, ever since they've been around on the real cheap sites people have had them, the ones that work seem to be gaining a good enough rep for bigger end retailers to think they are worthy of ridiculous price tags.
        The terrible build quality even shines through on the poorest of pictures!, I seriously don't understand how most don't see it, whats even more blinding is how some are still choosing it over the xcortech despite the price.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

I'm a big believer in matching your chrono to the type used at your regular site.

It doesn't matter how accurate yours is if the sites reads lower.
          sigpic

Comment

That's a very good point about matching chronos

Xcortect being the price it is... It's really the only choice unless you want a brand name for the sake of it. I love my little madbull v1 but if o was too get again it would be an xcortech.

Comment

xcortech 3200.

great price, reliable chrono and now i can check all my guns before playing at new sites

Comment

i use 'Alpha Shooting Chrony' chronograph gives accurate results with my rifles and airsoft guns had it for years i recomend it (only thing is don't do is rounds be sec/min)

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

I have the Madbull v2 and it s@cks, it measures 1 in ~12 shots!! And my problem is I'm using a Tanaka M700p with 11bb magazine capacity ... I can't measure it!!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                  WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

I was looking really at a choice of two.

Knowing full well there is no way I would EVER buy another Big Dragon one. even from HK. They are ''crap in a nice box.''

So then my attention went to the xcortech 3200, but over here they are vastly over priced. To the extent I then looked at the Alpha range.

I have in the mean time ordered one used for Air rifles which ''should'' be fine as a back up and untill I get a new one.

So really there is only one choice and that one is the xcortech as reading the bumf on the Alpha. It states not to be used in a room with strip lights...So that's kind of tricky when the workshop is in a basement with out windows...lol.

But having ordered one for now, I can take my time deciding where to go from here.

I have also been warned away from the Madbull ones.
                    Gun tech.

Comment

i use the acm copy of the guarder, pretty rugged, good inside and out, readouts dim though in direct sunlight, you have to sort of hold it and shade it with your hand, perfect for indoors, run mine against a skan every now and then, good enough for me
                      you should see the battering they get on site in regards to storage and transportation recomended little unit
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                      airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

wondering why you have been warned away from madbull? Had no issues with mine, and loads of sites I have played at use them....

Comment

There some people with genuine issues with a madbull chrono others with spot on performance. There's alot of crap pm forums like the thread each year entitled tm is going bust.. Mine works if it didnt it would have been sold ages ago .... Must be 5 years old now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                            That's a very good point about matching chronos

Xcortect being the price it is... It's really the only choice unless you want a brand name for the sake of it. I love my little madbull v1 but if o was too get again it would be an xcortech.
                            I have ordered one of these and its currently on a slow boat from China. £60 delivered which I didn't think was too bad a price.
                            JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

i didnt think mine was until customs got their grubby mits on it....
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                              airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                              Working...
                              X