Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snipers

hello
    i wasnt sure if it mattered very much for snipers.
    but i was wondering what companies made the best sniper rifle.
    i was looking at Warrior but im not sure.
    i want to here answers from the pros.
    thanks
    JC
    I have a lot of stuff for sale. e.g Equipment, Accsessories, Gear, Camo. Contact me if you are interested.

Re: Snipers

Run a search, there are lot of threads about this. The warrior is crap, the JG bar-10 is much better. The more expensive stuff better still. If you aren't too technical but have lots of cash, get a preupgraded rifle from zeroone, and buy a high powered spring to go with it. If it's the other way rlund, get the JG bar-10, and do the airbrake and teflon hopup mod to make it good.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Tanaka M700 A.I.C.S is any good?
      I have a lot of stuff for sale. e.g Equipment, Accsessories, Gear, Camo. Contact me if you are interested.

Comment

Gas is inferior to all spring rifles if you are going to take sniping in all its seriousness

Youtube will have plenty of reviews on most guns mate

Comment

Aparently tanaka are pretty good, especially m40. Personally i'd go for the VSR, smiply because of the number of upgrades available out there....you could spend up to a grand upgrading it! On the other hand you could just as easily say JG make the best sniper, for the price anyway.

Comment

minisnipa
            i didnt quite understand what you said.

Comment

It makes sense read it slowly

Gas Sniper Rifles are No where near as good in the end game as spring sniper rifles

You can get reviews of most guns on youtube

Comment

Ok I've been playing as a sniper for the past 5 years so will tell you a bit of what i know.

First of all:
                The snipers best friend is the hop unit. This is why in manny people's opinion theTokyo Marui VSR is the best rifle on the market today because it has the best hop unit.
                The JG Bar 10 is a "clone" of this so also has a pretty decent hop unit.

Second: The more you pay doesn't mean the better gun you get.
                Straight out the box a £150 vsr is more accuarate and has a higher fps than the maruzen L96 £290(ish) another example is the PSG1 is 300-400 pounds and takes alot of money to get it shooting decently.

Ok gas rifles.
                The newley released but expensive star/ares Aw-338 is by far the most accurate and reliable gas airsoft sniper rifle to date. Its has very solid construction and again a decent hop unit.
                People will start to talk about the temperature in winter but I have seen one of these shoot 500fps with snow on the ground.
                This gun comes out the box firing almost perefctly a few people have had minor barrel complaints but a tighter inner barrel is £35 quid, a soft hop rubber and a bit of pft tape makes this formidable. Thats all the upgrades you really need to do. However some people like to add a co2 rig with a variable pressure to alter the fps easily.
                Price new is around £450

Tanaka rifles are also very but have a few more things in them that need upgrading however these are still very solid and reliable rifles. These start at around £275.

Also remember the bigger the spring the harder it will be to cock your weapon.
                Gas rifle don't use springs so are very easy.

My personal weapon of choice of the last few years has been the VSR10 pro sniper, however I am now looking to change to a Aw-338.

I hope that rather long post helps you and other new snipers out.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
                http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

Will you agree with me AK that if your dead serious about sniping and tuning the rifle to the user, spring is the best way forward

Comment

The only reason spring guns are better is due to TM releasing a spring gun with a better hop unit the VSR.
                    Every gun in the world can be fine tuned to the user.
                    At the end of the day its his money what he really needs to do is go into an airsoft show room and hold the rifles there. Then he can make an informed decision and buy the rifle thats best for him.
                    If he's dead serious about sniping getting to know what every rifle he owns will be his key to success, and loads of practice.

Comment

Double post please. Delete.

Comment

^^i would.

generally much more consistant etc etc - the op should do some research as theres plenty of stuff about all this on various forums.

i assume you have already done the aeg stuff?
                        im sure the members on here can offer all the advice you would need. - though as AK says - the best thing to do with regards to rifles is to have a look at them first hand and see what you like. - the vast majority can be upgraded to a very high standard, coupled with practice and you have a decent rig

mac
                        Last edited by Lt. Macka; 2 February, 2009, 18:14.
                        Originally posted by Coz
                        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

thanks alot AK
                          so after reading all that im thinking my thought of buying a Tanaka M700 A.I.C.S is pretty good?
                          do you think this gun would do me well?
                          i will also have a look in the ARES or something.
                          thanks a lot
                          JC

Comment

jjdaman101 why do you want gas

also look on google for reviews i found 3 on the first page

What do you mean do you well?
                            If you mean get a kill from 150 metres then no
                            If this is your sniper rifle, unless your up to doing a a lot of investigation and fiddling i really dong suggest gas as your first.

but if you have your heart set on it go for it.

Comment

minisnipa

i want a gas rifle because i recently had a Tanaka Kar98k and was very pleased with it.
                              i have also been playing as a sniper for bout 2 years.
                              i have had a spring rifle which was well good.
                              i have had a gas bolt kar98k
                              and then an M4 which was made into my sniper.
                              now i am stepping it up a noch and getting a really good gas rifle and i really love the style of this M700 A.I.C.S and i think i would be pleased with another Tanaka rifle.

thats it!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jjdaman101 Find out more about jjdaman101
                              Working...
                              X