Upgrade / Technical Stickies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade / Technical Stickies...

Seeing a recent thread spurred an idea...

I really feel that the technical help section of this forum is mostly neglected, and we seem to get a lot of repeated questions.

I propose, not new sections, but some stickied topics - This would obviously need the co-operation of a moderator would obviously

For example, how to upgrade a newer high-end (or low-end) M4. The topic is fairly ambiguous as there are many companies producing M4's and it would have to state a list (which could be updated over time) of which M4's it would include.

Most of the big forums I go on seem to have something like this, and they go down really well. Mostly they do avoid quite a few repeated questions, and if they are repeated, you can simply direct that person to the thread.

After awhile some of the more experience and knowledgeable members (for whatever the topic may be) might even be able to compile the information from the thread and condense it into something smaller.

Anyway, I know right now this idea is quite vague, and it will take a little while to get up and running like it has done on other forums, but I also think it could really work.

Lets hear what you all think...
    Trader Feedback:
    New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
    Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Re: Upgrade / Technical Stickies...

It sounds good and you can always find it easy and dont have to type out a reply each time then.

Comment

Just to add, after seeing a few more of these threads, this could also apply to "eye wear", "Best" weapons for different combat situations etc...

I generally think that we don't have enough sticked threads on the forum...
      Trader Feedback:

Comment

agreed mate, i hang about the tech aegs forum alot, n i tell you, im gona blow my brains out if i see another ROF question or gun wont feed properly

theres a beast of a guide int he sniper bit that you made mj23lj mate, that should defo be stickyed!
        Originally posted by bravotwozero
        Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

I really can't see it happening, the mod seem to be busy enough, and I can't see more mod being appointed.

Thanks, if it was stickied and with and edit option I would be much more inclined to add to it, it seems like so much more hassle to have to go through a moderator just to add something to my own thread.
          Trader Feedback:

Comment

Well something needs to be done, as you said: Add some stickies and/or create a new section "Advice Section" as we had in the old forum.

People are getting pretty lazy with regard to posting in the right section, pretty soon everythings just going to get posted in General Discussion.

Comment

If we had more stickied threads, we would have a lot less repetition, and when we did we could simply quote the link or give the name of a thread...
              Trader Feedback:

Comment

As has been comment on nearly every post for a new thread. it would make little difference, as Chowder Head so correctly puts it.

"People are getting pretty lazy with regard to posting in the right section, pretty soon everythings just going to get posted in General Discussion"..

A few short sharp PM's to the offenders from a Mod might be more helpfull.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci Fi Steve View Post
                  As has been comment on nearly every post for a new thread. it would make little difference, as Chowder Head so correctly puts it.

"People are getting pretty lazy with regard to posting in the right section, pretty soon everythings just going to get posted in General Discussion"..

A few short sharp PM's to the offenders from a Mod might be more helpfull.
                  +1 to that, also when I see a thread worth being made a sticky, I will, but I'm not making 100's of stickies from half made posts.

Comment

+1 to that, also when I see a thread worth being made a sticky, I will, but I'm not making 100's of stickies from half made posts.
                    agree to that, however as mj has already said, people may add onto certain threads if they were sticky, no one is going to take a an hour to write up a smashing guide on ie upgrading snipers, and then just to have it fall to the bottom with stupid n00b questions like, "my pistol grip fell off my m4, what do i do", i also think there should be a tighter approach onto "which gun is better" threads, at the end of the day its down to personal choice and budget.

just me 2 cents, totally understand that mods/admins etc have enough to do and can't be everywhere at once, but stickys would defo save time, specially a UKARA one, too many topics are popping up askin the same things regardin it, and its a vital subject
                    Originally posted by bravotwozero
                    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

It has been tried with the UKARA, The Keeper ( i think ) and myself have attempted it, problem is that everyone has differant opinions (The I hate UKARA's, The you dont need UKARA just site membership). Its same with Best Gun, Best Make, Best whatever...... I would like to see a Sticky made for it by a Admin/guys from Z1 and then locked.

Same with the Best of Whatever Unless there was a mass poll done and then Sticked and locked by Admin/Mods, then you always get people disagreeing.

Comment

I don't think there is any need for hundreds of stickies, but for example "best gun" threads could be more general and less opinionative.

I know it would still leave places for questions, BUT, all of these questions would be in the same place, on THAT thread. And if they're not on that thread, then it's simple, they are directed to that thread an then ignored until they ask using that thread.

Except for these threads being covered in comments, I can see no negatives, and besides, even if there are quite a few things to clear up, at least admins wouldn't have to go searching for them as they'd all be in one place.

EDIT: A definite sticky (just noticed) should be how to upload pictures to a thread. A link to this could even be put into TKOS's sale thread guide.

I was also thinking, that TKOS's guide has been stickied for a reason, is there no way to enforce it? Or at least enforce some basics? This would encourage people to read threads fully, and take notice more often.
                        Last edited by mj23lj; 19 February, 2009, 00:14.
                        Trader Feedback:

Comment

it just seems that most new people on this forum are either VERY new to airsoft, are younger than my latest skin cells, or are well frankly retarded

im sick of all these, best gun threads, ukara, how to upload pictures, will this fit, what is this, how come when i flush the toilet my aeg stops working

ARGH sorry venting some rage there but seriously - some of these questions are either allready covered in previous threads or are such stupid questions the person asking deserves their laptop to explode in their face

stickied threads will help combat it a tiny bit but if there was a thread for "random questions" it would mean i dont have to pick through the general discussion thread for people actually needing help or actual discussions
                          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by Sci Fi Steve View Post
                            It has been tried with the UKARA, The Keeper ( i think ) and myself have attempted it.
                            Yeah it was me. I wrote a bit of an essay on it, and then you corrected where I ballsed up. An arguement started, and then another thread appeared with exactly the same questions. I gave up.

But I will agree with the original idea, a tech sticky with sections along the lines of "what could be wrong if you're gun is behaving in such and such a way" would prevent people having to repeat themselves over and over.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                            Working...
                            X