Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Just how hard do YOU run your guns & gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how hard do YOU run your guns & gear?

Was wondering about this today (its been a slow one so far)

Quite often when I'm playing, I find that the care needed to keep my gear all in tip top shape sometimes prohibits playing. Such as climbing over things. Unless Im not thinking, I will always do my upmost to make sure I dont smack my gun on whatever it is Im climbing over.

When reloading, I cant drop magazines as Id like to and smack in a new one, simply because they are so damned expensive to do that with.

One of the biggest problems I think with airsoft is that the kit is too expensive to get the most use out of it as you would the real thing.

What are your thoughts? Discuss.

Re: Just how hard do YOU run your guns & gear?

I'll chuck myself around and don't care too much about my clothing, vest, pouches etc. But I will try and protect my rif. If I ever slip over or trip I throw myself onto my back or do a judo styled roll to protect it
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I do bash my gear about and get muddy. whats the point in wearing it if your too scared to go prone to get a kill just because you will get a bit of dust on your new rig. Im usually one of the most agile on the field too. I will run crawl duck and dive to get the drop on the enemy and hit them from the flank. In an old site you had to climb a hill then crawl through a stretch of barbed wire fence to find yourself on a ridge where it was sniper heaven on the opposing team holding the ridge

Comment

If I'm in a last-stand fixed position, I do drop mags if I need a quick change. Otherwise I use the dump pouch.

Comment

as hard as it needs to be run to win

i dont let what im wearing get in the way or slow me down, it a pouch tears, its not a big deal.

my rifle gets abused to hell generally.. including dropping it out of windows to get it to a team mate

mags go in the dump pouch if ive got lots of time, if im shooting at someone or am being shot at, its going on the floor
          Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

new york city reloads, once you get your kill on and its out of ammo its getting tossed and something else is coming out
            http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
            airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by bongooldchap View Post
              new york city reloads, once you get your kill on and its out of ammo its getting tossed and something else is coming out
              One mag for each gun, but carry about 6 guns :p

Comment

My gear gets muddy every woodland game. Depending how quick I need to reload then mags get dropped except in cqb (i cqb in the dark so would never find them again). I do try to look after my m4 mainly from fear of bending the barrel!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

Mud, rain and falling over.... if your gun can survive that then you run it as hard as you want.

Comment

As hard as needed but I try not to break stuff. Gear can be easily replaced, my M4 cant. But with all my guns being GBB I could be fully submerged if I wanted to be... only thing that would die is my mobile phone!
                    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                      only thing that would die is my mobile phone!
                      Put it in a plastic bag...

Comment

i do the whole jumping, diving, rolling, and slamming up against cover i must say i abuse my gear because whats the point in protecting it... you wouldnt see someone go erm sorry sarge im not doing that ive just cleaned these boots and thats mud .. i aint cleaning em again!

i've gone through 2 sets of knee pads this year from all the sliding about i do!

Comment

care needed to keep my gear all in tip top shape sometimes prohibits playing
                          Just actually read all of the 1st post, I play to enjoy myself, keeping my shid in tiptop condition isnt a priority, playing the game is. I can understand having wall piece, collectors guns, but for playing perhaps youd be better off with some chinese clones that you could give it 100% without worrying about scratching a expensive piece of kit to furious buggery?
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                          airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

I think guns are ment to be scratched bang thrown around kit is ment to be muddy if thngs break they can always be fixed prior preporation and good mantaince of weapons and kit goes along way

Comment

i try and keep my guns clean, kit's not so much of a worry
                              but to be honnest my style of play nothing really gets well and truly used,
                              i'm rather laid back with how i play.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X