X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renting and letting

hi y'all
    just got back and wondering???
    this may have been answered but here goes.
    ok where i live the nearest site is a fair drive so i often organise skirmishes at my place.
    i've seen a few old buildings around that look skirmishable. i was wondering would there be any issued involved?
    so if i went up to the owner and said "hi, my friends and i were wondering whether we could rent out this building, and surrounding area, for playing airsoft in? we play mostly once a week, sunday mainly. for a fixed price of say £60 could we rent it? and we would clear up the mess afterwards."

ok of course i would give him the low down on what airsoft is, so hes not to worry.
    are there any issues that may need covering? im a little unsure
    if anyones done this please could you get back to me.
    thanks
    iain

Re: renting and letting

You'd need mad insurance I guess...

Comment

Ditto on the insurance.

Comment

are, but we are all mates. its not like a proper site where we all dont know each other, sorry, i forgot to state that:D

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
          are, but we are all mates. its not like a proper site where we all dont know each other, sorry, i forgot to state that:D
          Doesn't cut it in the eyes of the law though, and what happens when someone gets hurt or a car gets broken into or something?

If you literally are a tight group of mates, I see no reason why it wouldn't work if you could get a landowner to trust you enough not to bring legal action against him.

Comment

yeah man, insurance would be the downfall, even though the owner might be cool with it, iff someone saw you guys running round with guns im pretty sure they wouldn't take the time to stand around and ask what your doing, they'd call the law and you'd have an armed response unit turn up..

Comment

Originally posted by jayfamous View Post
              yeah man, insurance would be the downfall, even though the owner might be cool with it, iff someone saw you guys running round with guns im pretty sure they wouldn't take the time to stand around and ask what your doing, they'd call the law and you'd have an armed response unit turn up..
              oh S**T good point!
              hmmm, thats kinda a bummer but i can see why now

Comment

Insurance would only be an issue if the land owner wants it. Otherwise, you just have to accept that you won't win anything if you sue each other.

You can always let the old bill know that you will be using the buildings, show them around and show them the guns. Hell, you could even invite them along for a game (though you'd better have the insurance if you do that!).

Hang something up to block the public's view of what you're doing and put up signs saying that airsoft guns are being used on site
                sigpic

Comment

rockinrobin, agree with you completely, bu say if its for only one game, not worth it, but consistant use like every week( doubt the guy would tollerate that but.... ) then yeah its worth it.

but, i'd just go a bit further to go to a proper skirmish site, would save you the hassle and would probably be cheaper than paying for insurance

Comment

I think the insurance is not so much for the people playing but if you happen to injure civillians, our site has a bridal path - public right of way along one edge of the woods so you would have to take that in to account too

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
                    Working...
                    X