aeg vs gbb unfairness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aeg vs gbb unfairness?

just a quick debate to see who thinks aeg`s have a unfair advantage over gbb`s,what i mean is someone who uses an aeg with a hicap of say 600 rounds,vs a gbb of 50 rounds....

now i myself love the realism and dont mind changing mags,but if your up against players using hi caps or even drum mags,i think you have a disadvantage.im presuming you cant get hi caps for gbb(due to gas running out).

just wanted to get other peoples views on this.

Re: aeg vs gbb unfairness???

Yeah they do, but if that bothers you don't spend a load of money buying a GBBR... Or don't go to games with high cap heroes & problem solved. The latter would be my choice.
    Last edited by stealth; 23 July, 2011, 10:33. Reason: swearing removed.

Comment

In some situations you are at a disadvantage. But it's in no way unfair. You are not forced to use a GBB...

Comment

Its the GBBR users choice to be out gunned.
        It is sooooo much sweeter though when you the GBBR user manage to get kills with one or two BBs where the Hicap user spends 20-30 BBs doing the same job.
        I use the disadvantage as an excuse to spend money getting my GBBR super accurate :D

Comment

as far as I'm aware,
          according to who ever it was one here, and i quote.

"i like the challenge in using a GBB"

fair enough, but you can't hide in a shrub all day,
          come the time to get into a fire fight, and hes against an m249.
          or trigger happy finger using an AK with a 600 round hi cap.
          i think we know how it's gonna turn out :/

I'm not saying any more than that, as this type of thread was else where, and it just went round in circles

i found in more than a few cases of people shouting "take your hit," etc or non hit takers, etc will be using low caps.
          some play for the realism, fair enough,
          some do it coz they think it means they have more skill or are better at what ever. and then when they loose out, they complain or what ever else,
          if any one catches my drift

Comment

I personally use midcaps and semi-auto on my AEGs, I rarely go through more than a couple of mags a game either, so ammo count wise, it doesn't have to be unfair. I find that unless you are coming up against a kevlar teddy, then you rarely need more than 4 or 5 rounds for a kill if you are sensible about choosing your engagements. I'm pretty certain that 90% of bb's ever fired in woodland games are at about 110% the range of the gun. People waste away mag after mag on stuff that they just can't hit. These days I don't pull the trigger unless I'm sure I can get the kill.

Where the big disadvantage comes is in the ability to lay down supressing fire, the Hi-cap boys really have real-cap users nailed there.
            Last edited by stealth; 23 July, 2011, 10:35. Reason: swearing removed.

Comment

Im in between. GBBRs' In my opinion are alot nicer than AEGs in terms of realism and pure satisfaction to use, you're not forced to buy one its your preference. Im an AEG user and i have a good medium of Hi-Caps and Mids, sometimes a Hi-Cap is needed in my case long distance rushing; no need to reload, the rattle isnt an issue when you running at them full go and they're good to chuck to a friend who has no mags left to use and it'll last for a while.

We're Not All "Hi-Cap Heroes".

Comment

For this reason I'll only buy GBB guns for cqb

Comment

That's like saying low cap users are at a disadvantage.. or shotgun users in woodland. I'm pretty sure that the people who use those guns do so knowing that they are potentially up against people with more range/ammo/whatever than themselves.

But it's not the gun that matters, it's probably 80% the player. I've taken out 12 people with one pistol mag before, by being a sneaky bugger, and carefully getting behind their position, taking out the occupants of each of about 3 bunkers. They only noticed once they were all dead!

I've also had rentals spray me with 100s of rounds with their hi-caps, only for me to pop up and take them out with 3 careful shots on semi from my M14.

I wouldn't say it really matters. If you are a good enough player you should be able to take the guy out before he manages to unload all 300 rounds on you! And like I said, GBBR owners WILLINGLY play the game with low capacity mags, so they can't exactly complain.
                  Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I just don't like the whine of an AEG the fact I am always out gunned doesn't bother me so much.

Just play better and pick your targets.

Comment

Buy an AEG if it bothers you =P

Comment

Common sense is something i lack

I blame parenting!

Comment

^^trollolol

But moving on
                          No, I don't think it's an unfair advantage. An advantage yes, but one that can be worked around. As has been said, using a GBB is very much a choice, as is using lo/mid cap magazines. I use lo-caps in my AEG, getting about 40-50 rounds in each mag, I do this because I like changing mags.
                          I have got quick enough at changing mags, and into the habit of making sure I have a fresh mag in before I move on from a firefight, that I rarely find myself outgunned. The only time I've found I can't get anyone is when I was among a few people defending an area against the whole of the enemy team complete with support gunner. But then the guy sitting next to me with his ROF-monster + 470rnd hi-cap wasn't faring any better there either.

Comment

Keep this clean or I'll close the thread
                            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Its unfair for them because they spend more money on a TOY GUN
                              Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                              Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pete Find out more about pete
                              Working...
                              X