Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Best way to get a general idea of fps without a chrono?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to get a general idea of fps without a chrono?

Title of the thread says it all really, i am borrowing a gun for my next game and need to see if my gas raises the fps too much, i dont have a chrono or the money to buy one, so whats an easy way to tell if its too powerful?

Please dont tell me to shoot myself / friends.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Re: Best way to get a general idea of fps without a chrono?

Poor mans chrono

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=11144

Comment

Poor man's chrono is useless.

There's no way to estimate the FPS without a chrono.

Yes the poor man's will give you "anything between 100 and 2000" but it's never definite.
      Feedback Thread: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29778

Comment

as above, just chrono when you get to site and make sure you have a spare gun

Originally posted by Metalbody
        pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

+1 to the above
          Originally posted by Tiercel
          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Yeah seems about the best option 2 above, im guessing going clean through a can in whatever direction i shoot it is too powerful
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Can pick up new Chrono for £35 these days

Comment

Originally posted by CLS
                i thought he said not to say that ! ahha
                see how far it goes if it goes a ridiculous length then that could be one way i guess
                Power has virtually nothing to do with range unless it's into the 500fps mark. The poor mans crono isn't even close to accurate in this country as cans in foreign countries tend to be a lot thicker, if you have a retailer near by or the site is nearby and easily contactable then see if you can use it before you go for the skirmish.
                I think I might scream if I see another person link or recommend the poor mans crono. IT DOESN'T F***IN WORK!!!!! End of!
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Measure out 1ft and mark each end, Then using a slowmotion camera film you firing the gun then work out how long it takes to do 1ft in miliseconds, then divide 1 by however long it took in miliseconds but in seconds, multiplyed by the feet which is 1, so not much maths there :p And that's it.. I think.. But it's be simpler for a crono.

Actually I just wrote that out and I think I'm wrong.. Borrow a crono?

Comment

Get some kind of reasonably consistent density material which isn't too hard, perhaps high density polystyrene, and fire into it with a known gun, measure the depth, then repeat with the new weapon and measure that depth. Should give you an idea. Alternately you can make a chrono, just get some light gates and after a few minutes of spreadsheets you should be all good. Not sure how easy light gates are to get hold of cheaply though, come to think of it.

Comment

or be a bit scientific.

do this: http://airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic....er=asc&start=0

at about 5 feet. you should get a pretty close number
                      Dan Wesson FPS downgrade and Action smoothing tutorial written by me! :- here

Comment

someone told me to do the can crono trick with a dog food can. This did not work as the can is steel, but when i confronted the guy he was adament it works. Is my gun dodgy or am i correct. Sorry to send this off topic but quite interested in this.

Comment

That poor man's chrono will not work and makes absolutely no sense....

So yeh buy a cheap chrono for like £30

B252

GR25_GR16_M9

Comment

And if you don't want to buy a chrono ( or a tin of dog food ), then you can always shot yourself
                            I'm just saying
                            Originally posted by Tiercel
                            The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Actually, that method using audacity should be pretty good, quite a lot of hassle though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                              Working...
                              X