Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sales thread and pictures..a debate!

I couldn't agree more, having pictures on a sale thread is a real no-brainer, and I would fully support it being compulsory.

@Shadowcaptain, I am confident that you (unlike potentialy some people) do get pictures up, and are a realiable seller. Would it not be possible to hold of putting up the thread for the two days, so that you can put it up in its entirety and avoid bumping for pictures?

Comment

agreed, in the guns only section, totally agree JA, everyone knows what mags look like, ect, up to sellers to do pics of bits, but guns, MUST have photos!

Gotta agree with Oath though, is it that hard to hold out till you get home? otherwise "pics up in a bit" or "when I get home" ect ect would be the excuse everyone would use... if your selling, take pics of your kit, host them, then the next day, access your bucket account in work, and link, its not often I find myself in work going... "hmmm, think i'll sell one of my prized posessions today, right now infact.. cant wait till I get home or a baby hedgehog might die!"

Comment

I can see what you're all saying and mostly, I agree with it.
        However, if people say 'email me for pics', then I am prepared to do it, some people just don't like signing up for loads of free websites, however useful and easy they are! So long as the person actually has some good quality pics already taken and sends them in a day or 2 by email, personally I find that acceptable.

Sometimes people can get loading problems on their browser and stuff as well when they 'post reply' with pictures in it, and I know from personal experience that photobucket can freeze on s*** computers with s*** internet!

What I do hate, is when there's one terrible quality picture of the gun from far away (my camera phone is guilty, so I try and get to a digital camera as much as possible!), and its only of the gun from one angle. Its nice when people take several pictures of all parts of the gun with a good quality close up image.

And 'just google the gun its in perfect condition looks like any other M4' = Pure nonsense and laziness
        Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I don't like: "pics will be up soon" or something similar. I just think make the thread once you have taken the pics and can make a proper thread. Also "email for pics" is annoying, as if they already have the pics then they should upload to photobucket etc. and yes there is a tutorial on here.

However I don't think pics should be compulsory, I have sold things without pictures as I just didn't see it being necessary, fair enough for guns it is a must, but for other things I haven't taken pics and they have sold fine.

I think new users must have pics, but i trust other users to describe it properly.
          Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Do you know what the worst thing is?
            I pay prompt. Always.

Delivery is sometimes appalling with stuff like...I forgot...Im ill...etc. I believe some guys but not to PM with info is just inexcusable

Comment

This seems to be the general concensus Taylorb, for nick nacks, a description is fine, unless you want to add a pic, sometimes helps, but guns, gotta have a pic, its big money sometimes, even if it isnt, nobody likes buying a lemon, and the hassles it brings afterwards

Comment

Thread locked as it serves no purpose but a soap box

I will add however that some people, will not post pictures in their sales threads because this is an open forum, and their pictures can be used else where, including other sales, I have seen this happen on this forum.

I will also add that if you really wanted to buy a gun, and not just look at pretty pictures, you wouldn't mind sending your email to get pictures.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

madwelshman Smoke and a pancake! Find out more about madwelshman
                Working...
                X