How fast on a 7.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How fast on a 7.4?

I won the ROF war! Using nothing but a TM Python, a toothpick,4 bb's and a winegum. I own a strafer.......soon....
    Originally Posted by balaclava ben
    i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
    sigpic

Comment

I think a strafer is best used to simulate air cover say a support chopper or plane.

I think that using a non magnetic spring and putting a magnet in the piston and a super electro magnet in or behind the spring guide then using that to pull the piston back could really change airsoft a lot.

You could get stupidly high rof or really realistic recoil , fps would be easy to adjust and as there would be no gears or motor`s the guns could be made more realistic and be easier to repair

Also with some clever tech you could have the site able to limit the max rps and fps of the gun too but that would be expensive as all guns would need to be computer controlled and have a wifi interface

But the basic idea of using a magnet to pull the piston back is one that someone really should make

I think about how cool a magnet blow back gun would be ? it would a lot like an open bolt gas blow back but just with a spring to launch the piston and a magnet to pull it back

I`d love to get true 5.56 and 7.62 recoil levels and trigger response in an electric gun and have it easy to work on, field strip and upgrade

Midas might end up with no work mind lol

The other idea is to just replace the spring with a magnet in the piston and one in the spring guide so you`d still need gears and a motor if that was done with an electro magnet on the spring guide side then you would be able to electronically set the power and adjust the fps that way

but I like the idea of having no gears or motor and still having the spring think of that no more motor or gear noise coming from your aeg
      Last edited by thekonassure; 18 August, 2011, 01:04.
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
        [Snip]

I think that using a non magnetic spring and putting a magnet in the piston and a super electro magnet in or behind the spring guide then using that to pull the piston back could really change airsoft a lot.

[Snip]

But the basic idea of using a magnet to pull the piston back is one that someone really should make

I think about how cool a magnet blow back gun would be ? it would a lot like an open bolt gas blow back but just with a spring to launch the piston and a magnet to pull it back

I`d love to get true 5.56 and 7.62 recoil levels and trigger response in an electric gun and have it easy to work on, field strip and upgrade

The other idea is to just replace the spring with a magnet in the piston and one in the spring guide so you`d still need gears and a motor if that was done with an electro magnet on the spring guide side then you would be able to electronically set the power and adjust the fps that way
        Electromagnets eat batteries like nothing before though... Since they have pretty low resistance you're more or less inducing a short circuit.

I prefer the idea of the magnet springs (as I highlighted in that quote) tbh - they're going to be a lot more consistent than normal springs, can't bind etc etc... Although I do wonder what the effect of slamming back and forth would be.
        Others till I die

Comment

As long as the magnet is not getting hit with a direct impact it will be fine also you could put a magnet on the cylinder head to act as a brake.

I like the magnet instead of spring idea but I also like the idea of being able to get rid of the gears and motor.

Gas mags only shoot around 60 rounds per gas charge I`m sure you could make a 200rd mag with a high c rating lipo in it to power the system and it should be able to unload atleast 1000 rounds before the bat was dead.

No that could be pretty cool your ammo and your power source all in the mag but they would have to cost around £30 to £50 each so the same as gbbr mags

Both ideas should get some development but I`m guessing it will be atleast 5 to 20 years before we see any one make either
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
            Of course it's loaded...lol.

I don't think it's quite as fast as 60. Pretty quick though. Way over 30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuV5iO86TdY
            Finally got it back from PF a few days ago.

Had a 7.4v 20c 2600mah vp battery on a large tammy (yes when I get time I will fit deans to it)

My chrono say`s the rof is 41 rps So depending what 7.4 bat midas was using it was doing between 41 and 44 I`d say in that video.

Assuming my chrono works for a rof that high and my mags are keeping up but I did`t notice any dry firing.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
              Finally got it back from PF a few days ago.

Had a 7.4v 20c 2600mah vp battery on a large tammy (yes when I get time I will fit deans to it)

My chrono say`s the rof is 41 rps So depending what 7.4 bat midas was using it was doing between 41 and 44 I`d say in that video.

Assuming my chrono works for a rof that high and my mags are keeping up but I did`t notice any dry firing.

And about bloody time to! Well done mate I hope you are going to give those retards hell.

Will we see you at Dorking this Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                And about bloody time to! Well done mate I hope you are going to give those retards hell.

Will we see you at Dorking this Sunday?
                Nope I`m working on sunday sadly hopefully me and the team can make it to a game soon. At some point I`ll have to get the gearbox changed for a 9mm one I have with a set of the riot 13:1 gears so should be able to get the rps up a bit more and the fps sitting on 330`ish
                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                Working...
                X