ACM guns, have they improved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACM guns, have they improved?

The problem with threads like this is that some people will voice opinions on, not just the guns they have had, but the ones they haven’t. For instance I’ve never owned or used a TM gun, when I say used I mean more than having a quick go of a mates gun at a skirmish. I am therefore not qualified to speculate as to the reliability and internal build quality of said product. I think that is ok to say that they are generally accepted as being one the best, but I personally have no experience to either confirm or deny that. I think the same thing works the other way, unless you have owned and used an ACM product yourself, commenting on their reliability and build quality is nothing more than speculation and here say. Every type of product in the world breaks occasionally, and I think that to dismiss a whole section of the market because “ A mate of mine had one once and it was crap…” is somewhat short sighted. Many players who use ACM products are very happy with them and I bet many players who have top brands are not so happy with theirs, equally many players who use top brands are very happy with them and many players who use an ACM gun are not so happy with them. It comes down to your own experience with what ever you have. Boring world if we all had the same thing eh ? In answer to the OP’s original question I do think that the quality of ACM products is improving.

Comment

I've owned loads of JG guns and only 1 has ever let me down. That was my first one. The rest have been awesome since then. I find that if you buy a gun for £100 and it lasts you 6 months or so, it's done its job.

You've got to buy them used and cheap, then look at them like free motoring. (Buy a car for £500 with tax and MOT... run it into the ground. Scrap it.)

My JG AUG was a beast... 6 months, close to 100,000 rounds, cost me a service @ £20. That thing was used and abused every weekend without fail. Until I let a mate borrow it and a trigger contact snapped. Easily done though.

I am slightly biased towards ACM guns, but then, I'ma cheapsofter. I like cheap things. Although I did splash out £130 on an ICS gun last week... Big spender, me :D
      The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Its interesting though, because you hear about some people who have ACM guns that have lasted them thousands of rounds and been abused loads, but then someone who buy a brand new gun worth around 200 or more that breaks within the second skirmish. I guess its just down to how finely tuned your gearbox is because if its a high speed beast and some small thing goes wrong then it could wreck your gearbox but if its your ACM then the gun will shrug it off or something However, im not saying all guns are like this so please do not grill me for it.

Comment

lets think from all the guns i own the one that has caused me the most problems have been the TM and G&G ones. TM mp7 turned up broke after they sent it working (brand new). Turned out to be a washer in the spring guide. As for G&G i have sticking connectors on one gearbox, and on my ump i took it apart to downgrade it as it was firing at 380fps. Sorted the spring put it back together to find it not firing, why had to replace the metal bit in the trigger mech with an ak one due to the plastic jumping above the thing that pushes them forward into the contacts.

As for clones i own a few. My warrior l96 (version 2) is brilliant out ranges everything no upgrades. I have a src gen2 g36c (which some people say is worse than a jg) pah is what i say to that has its done 10,000+ not a problem. My gf has one of the asg betas and thats done 30,000+ and the only thing gone wrong is the selector plate needed changing.

so conclusion there will always be good and bad batches of guns as the worker on said gun is very unlikely to feel the same day-in-day-out. Use British Lakeland as a comparison.

Comment

Do you mean British Leyland?
            The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
            Working...
            X