Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolle glasses for airsoft

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5302

will theses be ok,does anybody have a pair..

Re: bolle glasses for airsoft

Those aren't actually ballistics rated. I wouldn't go near them.

The ballistics rated products by Bolle Tactical are great though.

Comment

ok buddy il just buy some meshies from my site on wensday

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
        Those aren't actually ballistics rated. I wouldn't go near them.

The ballistics rated products by Bolle Tactical are great though.
        They are ballistic rated. They are rated AS/NZS 1337 which is the ANSI Z87.1 equivalent.

Comment

As are ALL Bolle safety glasses, I used the Bolle Vipers for ages as I get them for nowt through work and they never let me down.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
            They are ballistic rated. They are rated AS/NZS 1337 which is the ANSI Z87.1 equivalent.
            Oops my bad. They weren't on the Bolle Tactical site and the fact they were stated as "protective" rather than anything specific made me think otherwise. Thanks for correcting me.

Comment

Ive used those listed in op and been shot in the glass less than 2 meters away from the shooter with no problems been shot at much further away using these and not even a scratch or chip on them. One word of warning though is the tint is pritty dark great in bright sunshine but when crawling through bushes and undergrowth can be a problem some times. Might be better getting the clear ones.

Also to the person who said there not ballistic rated im pritty sure zeroone wouldnt be selling them as eye protection if they couldnt cope and if not they would be lables not to be used for eye protection in airsoft skirmishs

Comment

They arent listed on the tactical side of life because they arent tactical glasses, they are industrial safety glasses.
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yep, got ya.

I'd still avoid them and go for proper ballistics glasses. I like the frame to be ballistics rated too. And my eyes are worth more than £7.

Comment

The industrial ones are ballistic rated though, just for a different ballistic projectile, industrial ballistics is really a very high standard plus these are frameless, so no frame to break. The vipers I had were nearly rated to Milspec anyway, these wont be far behind.
                    But in a way I do agree, get the best you can afford, ESS Ice 2.4s are excellent and ballistic rated upto artillery rounds:D (a slight exageration there), albeit the ones that civis buy arent as high spec as the military versions, plus the civi ones only come with 2 lenses whereas the mil ones come with 3.

Comment

Just to clarify, I was including the arms in 'frame'. I've seen someone's arm shatter from BB hits and their glasses fall off their face. Not cool!

Comment

The european specification is EN166. Anything carrying this mark is OK for airsoft use

@RobinHood.
                        Don't confuse money and safety.
                        A £5 set of goggles rated at EN166 will give you much more protection that a £100 pair of shooting/balistic glasses. Goggles form a complete seal around the eye area so shots from above/below or from the side wont sneak past.

Any glasses that are rated with the same EN or ANSI will give you the same protection wether thay are £7 or £70. The only difference is the styling

Comment

Got a pair they are very good I recommend buying them

Comment

I use Bolle Contours. They are really comfy and provide excellent vision (when they arent fogging up!)

Comment

Originally posted by cannon_fodder View Post
                              Goggles form a complete seal around the eye area so shots from above/below or from the side wont sneak past.

Well DUH! Except I have actually noticed a lot of the more expensive designs sit closer to the face and spread further round than their cheaper counterparts, therefore offering more protection.

Any glasses that are rated with the same EN or ANSI will give you the same protection wether thay are £7 or £70.

If that's true how come some pass military testing and some completely fail? Oh yeah, because they're not equal. As I stated the frames are not always ballistics rated either and some lenses split while others deform, however they both stop the projectile so meet the standard. I think you're the one confusing rating standards and protection here.
                              Imo that's like saying "TMC is equal to Eagle Industries because they both use 1000 Denier Cordura Nylon."

If you want to use cheap shit eyepro go ahead, similarly it's my choice to use mesh lenses outside of CQB. My eyes are still worth more than £7 to me and I'd much rather spend the tad extra on something that will meet or surpass Mil Std 662 rather than scrape by ANSI Z87.1-2003. The ANSI rating is the MINIMUM that should be used for airsoft, not WHAT should be used.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aftershock Find out more about aftershock
                              Working...
                              X