Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of sniper choice (mini rant)

I apologize in advance to all of you who own and love your snipers :p
    I recently was 'forced' to sell a lot of my kit, due to the loss of a tooth, and the other half deciding airsoft was a dangerous waste of money. After a few months to calm her down, I am now faced with the task of replacing my beloved CA m24, which sadly was the first casualty of the anti airsoft campaign.
    The main problem for me is the lack of choice, i'm sure many of you will disagree, but if you want something distinctive and interesting, (no offense vsr owners) you will have to go with gas. I dont want gas, i love the practical, worry free, cheap accurate all year round performance of a springer.
    As it is, i think that im going to end up risking a snow wolf m99, upgrade it fully with pdi parts, and hope the barrel doesnt fall off. I know there are a lot of good, very accurate and reliable springers out there, (vsr's, l96's aps2's), but they are so common. Am I the only person who would buy an upgradable spring cheytac, aw338 or maybe a higher quality barrett?
    The market is flooded with a million aeg's, why cant it be the same with good, skirmishable snipers???
    Rant over :p

Re: Lack of sniper choice (mini rant)

Good post.

Its the reason i dont own a boltie.

Gas snipers are far too unreliable. And most of the springers look the same as eachother.

Only ones i want are a Fortress M40A3 bodied VSR, or the new VFC offering.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

If a spring Cheytac M200 was released of decent quality and price I would but it in a heartbeat. Some more choice would indeed be great, though realistically they'd have to be compatible with VSR parts or upgrading would become a nightmare. What I wouldn't do for a spring short-magazine Lee-Enfield...

Comment

Spring Dragunov?

I know the real thing is semi auto, but It's something different. Hop is a bit odd, but it takes standard AEG hop rubber, barrels and springs.

Comment

Electric snipers/dmr are brilliant. jg druganov pimped to the max? Realsword?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ajhayter View Post
            Spring Dragunov?

I know the real thing is semi auto, but It's something different. Hop is a bit odd, but it takes standard AEG hop rubber, barrels and springs.
            I have a king arms one up for sale in my opinion one of the nicest guns around. Full metal and wood, awesome range, rare, reliable, damn sexy
            Last edited by Sam89; 1 August, 2011, 21:41.
            KA BOOM, die zombies

Comment

There ARE plenty of nasty springers...

Comment

Some sites are clamping down on semi locked high fps guns. Deffo for DMR's, I don't know how the likes of the RS SVD is seen but to me it is still a high powered electric gun.

Maybe something to help you consider on your boring choice...lol. Sorry to dampen your spirits a little.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

There's a 450fps spring for the Ares CheyTac but the gun itself it very expensive. Arises going to release a spring version of the AW338, King Arms will release a spring Blaser R93 LS2, there's also the release of the VSR compatible VFC ASW338. If you can wait a bit you can get a very nice gun.
                  I don't own the M99 but I don't hear and much of a good words about it. I currently own 8 sniper rifles and my choice for future purchase is the KA Blaser R93 but the CO2 version.. :-)

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                  WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

I just had a look at the VFC ASW338 it looks lovelly.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

The ASW is likely to be my choice.

I once wanted an L96. But seeing too many Snot Green Warrior's ruined that for me...
                      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

On the point of the svd... good gun, that's why everyone seems to have one, even if they don't do a Russian loadout. Call me a bit of a snob, but i want something you dont see every day. I own a DMR, its an upgraded SPR, but there is still no comparison to a well upgraded and tuned 500 fps springer.
                        I saw a guy had modified a K98 to fit a vsr action back along, this got me thinking, the vsr is arguably the best springer platform, it just happens to feel a bit toy. Im going to do some investigating, and maybe look into modifying something more exciting to take a vsr action.

Comment

It's utterly barking that no high-end manufacturer makes a spring M40 or M24.

The CA M24 is an 10 year old APS based monstrosity that needs a lot of work to put right and the Echo 1/KS/Javelin/Snow wolf aren't anywhere near the level of the VSR platform.

As for M40s, you've got the choice of a couple of very expensive kits to retro-fit a VSR while accepting the compromise that the barrel isn't correct or the long out of production Sun Project models, which as nice as they are aren't exactly the easiest platform to get parts for.

I don't understand how we have models of the DRS-1 and L96 available despite their limited usage around the world, yet the two mainstays of the US military aren't propperly represented.

Dear Santa, please make TM produce a full metal/wood M40 based on the VSR platform KTHXBAI,

Comment

Im a good choice of sniper

Im rocking a full pid' ca m24, love that gun, do fancy a L96 TWS though

Originally posted by Metalbody
                            pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

I want the "Light 50" Barrett as a springer, but I'm tighter than a gnat's chuff and don't want to pay more than £250...
                              'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NachtJager Find out more about NachtJager
                              Working...
                              X