Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIF Insurance?

Hi there,

Having recently purchased a PTW as well as the fact that I am moving to London in the coming months I was considering insuring my rifle as it is a fair amount of capital however I'm not sure as to how to go about doing this, so if any of you already do insure your RIFs please let me know who you use.
    WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Re: RIF Insurance?

Home and contents, just need to stipulate its a TOY
    Originally posted by Bluegill
    5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Did enquire - not worth it.

Basically the cover does not extend to "in use". Which means if you fall and break it, tough luck. So either it's kept in your car (then covered under motor) or in the house (covered under household).

Any other time not in your hands or locked away, it's failure to safeguard - so excluded again.

Things to watch are that the single item value is usually fixed at £500/£1000 or whatever. So check it is adequate.

Comment

tb its worth looking at a burglar alarm for someone who works long hours and has long commutes it gives me piece of mind know that i have that sort of a deterrent in place, and don't forget some parts of london are higher risk

Comment

Yh, I'm not so concerned about whilst it is being used however I would want it insured against theft, however I am living with 2 other people in the house so don't know if I could do contents insurance.

Comment

Should not be a problem. The thing to remember about insurance is that you need to read the key facts/small print and also be honest.

So as long as you give full details up front, you'll be covered when you need it.

Comment

Ok thanks!

Comment

Failing insurance itself (for whatever reason that may be), have you considered a heavy-duty safe?

I invested in a safe about a year ago and it's a big thing but it gives me peace of mind without a doubt. Even if my house was burgled they'd have no way of getting in (combination lock etc) and no way of transporting it out of my house (took 4 blokes and a mini pulley type machine to get it into my house and up the stairs)

Comment

What part of london are you moving to?
                  I live in london and its actually not that bad if you are streetwise

Comment

when i'm at uni its all the belongings i own in the house that's covered no matter where it is, but if someone burgles your house cos your housemate left the door unlocked then you cant claim, but if its in your room and they break the lock to your room then you can claim.

but as above read the fineprint as to whats covered and how much you can claim back

Comment

Originally posted by Razur View Post
                      What part of london are you moving to?
                      I live in london and its actually not that bad if you are streetwise
                      lies!!! all cockneys are theives!! :p

Comment

Originally posted by Dwarfy View Post
                        lies!!! all cockneys are theives!! :p
                        Its not the cockneys who are theives, its the wanna-be thugs now a days.
                        You know the kind, the ones who cant afford a belt, need i go on?

Comment

Originally posted by Razur View Post
                          Its not the cockneys who are theives, its the wanna-be thugs now a days.
                          You know the kind, the ones who cant afford a belt, need i go on?
                          Please go one, i live in London and am very interested in this phenominan of not afforing a belt. If by which your refering to the guys whose pants are half way down their arse. If your refering to them then you are mistaken as they surely can afford belts. thats what keeps their panst from falling all the way down to their knees.
                          AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

I'm moving to just outside of canary warf. And I don't think I can afford a safe large enough to fit my rifle in!

Comment

lockable box/guitar case under the bed in a locked room?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                              Working...
                              X