Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to airsoft - what do i need?

Hey

I want to get into airsoft and I have a few questions.

Firstly, do you need to be over 18 to play, as I am 17.

Second, What is UKARA? And, how do i register if I need to?

Last, what are some good guns to start with? (Im thinking of an m16)

Thanks, tom
    sigpic

Re: New to airsoft - what do i need?

Originally posted by TomCW22 View Post
    Hey

I want to get into airsoft and I have a few questions.

Firstly, do you need to be over 18 to play, as I am 17.

Second, What is UKARA? And, how do i register if I need to?

Last, what are some good guns to start with? (Im thinking of an m16)

Thanks, tom
    Sites have their own legal age limit. Ours is quite low 12 or 14 I think

UKARA is if you 18 and want to buy a RIF, a RIF is an gun that looks real
    Any type of gun that takes your fancy, m4 m16 it comes down to how much you want to spend. And what make you want. Tm are a good bet.
    You can't buy a RIF because your not old enough.

Lastly please post questions like this in the thread specifically for it :-D
    Welcome to Airsoft!

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Hey dude, welcome to the sport!

You don't need to be over 18 to play but you will need to be 18 to buy any RIFs.

You're lucky in that you're pretty much the perfect age to start playing (as far as all the legal restrictions are concerned)

If you don't mind i'll refer you to the VCRA/UKARA section in the new player area, there is an FAQ there that should answer all your questions. Once you've read and understood that then you'll be able to ask for advice in a much more informed way.

Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks guys!

Deffinately going to look into this more!
        sigpic

Comment

Hi and welcome
          Q1 you can play at 17 you dont have to be 18 check with ur local site with regards to under 18 playing the might require you to wear a full face mask.

Q2 ukara is http://www.ukara.org.uk/ it details the things you require to get ur membership number etc. For you as your under 18 you can not legal buy a airsoft weapon even if its 2 tone you would require a over 18 person to gift you the weapon (none money to change hands). If they do not have a defence against the vcra act (google for more infomation) then it must be a 2 tone weapon.
          I would advise you to hire for a least a couple of times to see what style of weapon/play suits your style.

Comment

u HAVE to be over 18 to buy ANY gun IF or RIF

Comment

Originally posted by edwa2 View Post
              u HAVE to be over 18 to buy ANY gun IF or RIF
              but not to play? i can get a friend to buy me a gun, thats no problem!

however, i will get it coloured
              sigpic

Comment

I am 16 and I play. So you will be fine.

You can't pay for the rifle either...your friend has to give it to you as a present.

Comment

Perfect!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TomCW22 View Post
                    but not to play? i can get a friend to buy me a gun, thats no problem!

however, i will get it coloured
                    No can do sorry, You can get a gun Gifted to you but the second money or service changes hands it becomes illegal. I would say best option would be clock up some games now and then once you turn 18 register with your site (to allow you to buy RIF's) then buy a gun. Yes there is some waiting involved but it stops a whole load of faffing around. Another advantage being you have longer to save, thus a broader choice of equipment.

Comment

Do you have any friends/parents who are over 18 and regularly skirmish?

Also, how long is it until you turn 18?

As far as weapons go, see what you like. I prefer long rifles, but a friend prefers small sub-machineguns. Rifles work for me and sub-machineguns work for him. It's completely up to the individual. Most airsofters will let you have a quick play with their weapon...we like to show things off :D

Work out which kind of rifle you like first and then ask us who makes the best M16/AK/L85/SLR/UZI/SCAR/Sten/MP5 etc...

Comment

IF it is a gift, and your friend is already entitled to buy RIFs, the gun he/she gives you doesn't have to be 2-tone.

How close to 18 are you? It might be less hassle to borrow or hire until you're old enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ImNotTheMafia View Post
                          I am 16 and I play. So you will be fine.

You can't pay for the rifle either...your friend has to give it to you as a present.
                          As stated. It MUST be a gift. You may not carry out any task for repayment for any IF/RIF you are gifted.
                          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by ImNotTheMafia View Post
                            Work out which kind of rifle you like first and then ask us who makes the best M16/AK/L85/SLR/UZI/SCAR/Sten/MP5 etc...
                            Sadly this is not actually the best idea, Sorry to sound like I am being a pain but we do already have enough "What gun am bestust" threads. Find a gun you like the look of check what brands are in your price range, check reviews and the search function on here.

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                              Sadly this is not actually the best idea, Sorry to sound like I am being a pain but we do already have enough "What gun am bestust" threads. Find a gun you like the look of check what brands are in your price range, check reviews and the search function on here.
                              You make a very good point there Mr. Thunder.

I give you my intarwebz credibility points.

I shall edit my post:

See what kind of rifle you like, then see what you can afford. Once you have seen what you can afford use the search bar on these forums to see which one is regarded as the best.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TomCW22 Find out more about TomCW22
                              Working...
                              X