Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Wearing Glasses - will it make it harder to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing Glasses - will it make it harder to play?

just thinking,

i wear glasses, will this make it harder for me to get the face protection etc
    sigpic

Re: Wearing Glasses - will it make it harder to play?

Yes, and no.

Please search the forum for things like prescription inserts - There are too many threads already.

EDIT:
    A serach for "prescription inserts" found 27 results.

Comment

Most goggles can use prescription inserts as said above.

Alternative is get some one use contacts that you use at Airsoft only, so you can use normal goggles/mesh.

Comment

I have guarder goggles which have a once piece anti fog lense, these sit perfectly over my own speccy four eyes glasses without issue.

Been using the same set for over six years without issue!
        Originally posted by Fenriz
        I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

I use some cheapo safety glasses over my pescription ones. Fit a treat and less than £4.00 at the big orange diy store.

Comment

Originally posted by TomCW22 View Post
            will this make it harder for me to get the face protection etc
            Answer: yes, it will obviously limit your options.

However: you still have plenty of options to choose from. Easiest would be something like Bolle X500. They sit right over your glasses easily and give you great range of vision. Alternatively Heroshark does a good mesh version of these, if you fancy mesh instead of clear. Best option (in my opinion) is a pair of ESS Ice with the Vice RX insert and prescription inserts fitted. If you want more detail on this search 'prescription' as the first reply suggested, I've written loads about them before.
            102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

thanks all!
              sigpic

Comment

Put the money down if you have it and get some ESS ice 2.4s with RX inserts, the prescriptions range in price but my mates cost 74 quid to get but he is blind as a bat.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I would say (as I have done a lot on here) that if you get precription lenses contact me first because people are paying stupid money (like £50+) for a service that you can get done for £10.
                  102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Im a long time speccy wearer NEVER used, trusted or felt comfortable with contacts. Since I started airsofting I took the plunge and as someone said above I just have the single use disposables. They are an absolute godsend, I was totally the type who would never try them but I 've been popping them in and out with no problems, it really is exceptionally easy and way way way much less hassle than I thought they would be.

Comment

I now wear contacts for airsoft aswell as I used to just play without my glassed on (didnt like the idea of inserts and can just about get away with not wearing them to walk around...)
                      Selling MP5 & M4 Parts & Other Bits :
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...414#post958414

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TomCW22 Find out more about TomCW22
                      Working...
                      X