A little advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little advice.

Right, i wouldn't normally put a topic here, mainly due to the fact this forum does drag in a some rather stupid people but this must be said.

In the sales section locking out the seller from adding to a post within three days of the last reply doesn't work.

My thread has been locked after the item (a TM M9) sold within the hour yet i have recieved at least 10 PMs with offers. Because i can't put that the item is sold, people are not getting that locked means 'sold'.

Either change the system so that the seller can add a sold reply or just get rid of it completely. Either way do something otherwise you will lose people from the sales section.

Again, from past experience, this is a bit of open and friendly advice, please could no Mods be stupid enough to take this as a rant or a go at them in particular.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Re: A little advice.

Simple answer

Ask a mod to put 'SOLD'

Or ask them to remove the thread all together

I swear some people forget they are there..
    Signature Removed

Comment

why should we bother a mod "cough cough erm excuse me mr moderator can you please close my thread i sold my little gun) no of corse not think how many guns and stuff is sold on here, i think we should be allowed to end and delete our own threads once we have sold our item/s.

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
        Simple answer

Ask a mod to put 'SOLD'

Or ask them to remove the thread all together

I swear some people forget they are there..
        True, but I don't think they'd wanna spend all day doing that, they do have lives outside of the forum.

Would it not make sense that when the thread is locked, it does not allow users; other than the seller and mods to access it again.
        Is a valid point about it being locked and people not seeing it
        . .

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can open the thread yourself. Go up to thread tools and reopen it! Sellers are meant to be opening and closing their own sales threads when theyve sold the item. So reopen it and say its SOLD!

If you cant use some common sense and contact a Mod to get it changed. I've had loads of sales on here many of them going within the hour and I've never had this problem.

Comment

The issue is Delta people are still Pming you after you have closed the thread. When you close the thread it should be updated with a sold sign or something similar. I have sold items months ago and just closed the thread. And i still receive P.M's to this day

Comment

If you can't be arsed to pm a mod and ask them nicely to update or remove the thread
              (Which they already do when you ask)

Why should they be bothered to implement a whole new system?
              Signature Removed

Comment

Very true I guess, although if you write in big letters SOLD surely you're going to put most people off! However changing the icon would definitely be a good idea, i'd not thought about that to be honest!

Comment

But why should you have to PM a mod, after the last discussion about classifieds, they are obviously too busy at the best of times, so 60 people sell stuff on the forums, lets say a couple of items seperatly, thats how many threads to update? Just do it as when the thread is locked there is something noticeable as sold shows up, then it saves the mods more work endlessly updating threads. Or can you not see that point of view. Its not common sense required, its a better more streamlined system, what I dont know.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

All it would require is a simple icon change or at least by clicking the 'close thread' it adds SOLD to the title or the post.

Not rocket science but alas considering what i have seen happen on this here forum i am not suprised that nothing has been done about it.

'FireKnife'
                    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I see your points...

I don't really have anything else to add..
                      Signature Removed

Comment

Firstly, wouldnt this be more relevant in the CORRECT part of the forum?

Secondly, once you sell your item, and before you lock it, put a reply to your own post saying 'Sold'. Then lock the thread. In your case, im sure that kindly asking a mod to allow you to update your post is sufficient.

The reason it is done as it is now was because a few months ago people would excessively bump posts, causing general annoyance and a lot of banned users.

Job jobbed.

Im sure that theres something stating that once threads are done with, the USER should lock them? Oh, infact, yes there is...

Comment

Im sure that theres something stating that once threads are done with, the USER should lock them? Oh, infact, yes there is...
                          *Sigh* the thread, as i stated in the post and as is visible in the sales section, is closed. However this does not stop the 10 people so far that have PM'ed me with offers since the item has been sold. Now normally i would leave this down to the stupidity of the users but as i can't post any reply in my own thread i can't tell them it is sold or not until i wait three days (well two as the item was posted up yesterday).

This is once again a proven point as to why this forum is falling a part and why it has so many bad reviews and issues.

I can see myself getting banned for this as i have seen a response of 'oh damn someone doesn't agree with our (terrible) way of doing things, lets just get rid of him'.

'FireKnife'

Comment

If people think this is such a bad forum dont come on it, simples

There are things we would all like to change, granted, but its free

I buy and sell ALOT on here and can get more views in my sales thread than some retailers would

Well done mods for a job well done

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FireKnife Huge Resi Fan Find out more about FireKnife
                            Working...
                            X