Importing RIFs from abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing RIFs from abroad

If I want to import a RIF from an Asian online store, what do I need to do UKARA wise and to ensure I can get it through customs?
    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
    Check out my other sales!

Re: Importing RIFs from Ehobby Asia

correct me if im wrong, but you dont

plus you cant advertise other peoples sites

Comment

I do believe you are referring to an airsofting company that doesn't exist, for there is only one, the ALMIGHTY ZEROONEONEONEONEONE one one one ....one !!111!

And you don't need UKARA, because you're not buying off a UK retailer, but you need Proof of your ability to legitimately import it as an airsofter.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

ooo your in big trouble mentioning another shop on here but just so you know ask the to put your ukara number BIG on the package and all should be fine!

Comment

Advertising other people's sites? I don't know what you guys are talking about

Comment

Ive seen people posting competitors on here before...

But NEVER have I seen someone put it as the thread title..

Classic
            Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
              Ive seen people posting competitors on here before...

But NEVER have I seen someone put it as the thread title..

Classic
              If the thread tools on this site were better I could edit it and change the title.

Admins feel free to do so.

Comment

Re: Importing RIFs from abroad

Admins feel free to do so.
                I'm sure they will, but I'm sure they'll recommend reading the forum rules as well.

Anyway, as said, if you have your UKARA details and a phone number it should be fine. Expect charges though.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                  I'm sure they will, but I'm sure they'll recommend reading the forum rules as well.

Anyway, as said, if you have your UKARA details and a phone number it should be fine. Expect charges though.
                  Yeah I know its not always the cheapest option but its more for availability. There are just some things that never seem to be in stock in any of the UK sellers. Thanks anyway :D

Comment

Also expect delays. Apparently HMRC are cracking down on personal imports at the moment. Probably trying to justify their continued employment.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                      Also expect delays. Apparently HMRC are cracking down on personal imports at the moment. Probably trying to justify their continued employment.
                      cant way im suprised, I imported a Front mounted intercooler for my nissan and they wanted 70 quid in charges!!

Comment

You need to have your site membership number (The number that is recorded on the ukara database) clearly printed on the invoice and the invoice need's to be visable or easy to get at by hmrc, do not ask the importer to put you ukara number on the outside of the parcel as their is no such thing as a ukara number and this will only confuse hmrc becuase they have not really grasped the whole ukara scheme idea.
                        You will also need to have the site you are a member of clearly printed on the invoice and it is also a good idea to let the person that run's the site you are a member of know that you are importing a parcel and which company you bought your item from as hmrc will contact them for proof that you have valid membership and that the site you are a member of has valid insurance ,normaly hmrc use the list of registered game site on the ukara website to check that the site you are a member is on that list proving the site has insurance.
                        Other than hmrc using the ukara website to check the pli insurance of the site you are a member of your ukara status has no bearing on an import it is you site membership that is your defence to buy/import.
                        I have to deal with custom and airsoft import's on a weekly basis and the only thing they are interested in is the site you are a member of has valid insurance and you have current membership.

Comment

I have imported before from HK ( but thats a store that doesn't exist ). You will have to tell them to put your UKARA number on the box, as it will be destroyed if you can't prove that you have a defence.

Also you must have balls to put up another retailers name, and the majority of us airsofters have a lot of balls
                          Originally posted by Tiercel
                          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by MUCKYMICK View Post
                            You need to have your site membership number (The number that is recorded on the ukara database) clearly printed on the invoice and the invoice need's to be visable or easy to get at by hmrc, do not ask the importer to put you ukara number on the outside of the parcel as their is no such thing as a ukara number and this will only confuse hmrc becuase they have not really grasped the whole ukara scheme idea.
                            You will also need to have the site you are a member of clearly printed on the invoice and it is also a good idea to let the person that run's the site you are a member of know that you are importing a parcel and which company you bought your item from as hmrc will contact them for proof that you have valid membership and that the site you are a member of has valid insurance ,normaly hmrc use the list of registered game site on the ukara website to check that the site you are a member is on that list proving the site has insurance.
                            Other than hmrc using the ukara website to check the pli insurance of the site you are a member of your ukara status has no bearing on an import it is you site membership that is your defence to buy/import.
                            I have to deal with custom and airsoft import's on a weekly basis and the only thing they are interested in is the site you are a member of has valid insurance and you have current membership.
                            Thanks for a very informative answer. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                              I have imported before from HK ( but thats a store that doesn't exist ). You will have to tell them to put your UKARA number on the box, as it will be destroyed if you can't prove that you have a defence.

Also you must have balls to put up another retailers name, and the majority of us airsofters have a lot of balls
                              Their is no such thing as a ukara number it is you site membership number that is recorded on the ukara database.When you call it a ukara number it cuases problem with hmrc as they 1 can't check the ukara database and 2 know their is no such thing as a ukara number so don't know what it mean's or how to check it.
                              Your ukara statues has no bearing on any airsoft import all hmrc are interested in is that you have current membership of an insured game site they use the detail's of the site that you say you are a member of to contact the person that run's that site to confirm you have membership and they also check the ukare registered game site list to prove that site has valid insurance, at no point do hmrc check you ukara status as it mean's nothing to them .The ukara scheme is only an agreement between uk airsoft retailer and the home office to show compliance with the vcra act and that is all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kensai Find out more about Kensai
                              Working...
                              X