Quick WEg39 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick WEg39 question

first off i KNOW there are threads on it so no "search" trolling but genuine answers plox

first off, is there any word of Zero one stocking the new RAS version at all?

& i know they tend to be a tad hot fps wise, but is that on Abby ultra/134a or just green gas?

cheers, Shrew
    'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Re: Quick WEg39 question

probably best fitting an NPAS system to it mate, that way you can control the fps easily..
    Signature Removed

Comment

cheers maj, it'll be my first GBBR & npas is something i've not looked into that i shall. sorry to sound naff but are they rifle specific or generic?
      'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Afaik the RA Tech WE Open Bolt NPAS will fit into any WE gun using the open bolt system.

Comment

Fantastic, thats that sorted then cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Comment

best look into it a bit more though mate.

There is a g39 thread on here somewhere try and search for it. and there is a whole load of members that have them so its best to ask them

i believe the thread is under the new arrivals section.
            Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
              Afaik the RA Tech WE Open Bolt NPAS will fit into any WE gun using the open bolt system.
              Exactly that^^^^

If you Google "open bolt NPAS" you will get the main HK retailers and RA-tech themselves.

A word of caution though try it out on Green first and see what it chronos at, theres a few members who have dropped the NPAS in straight out of the box and get no better than 270fps and very poor performance because their G39s are already "UK spec" and just dropping the NPAS in even fully closed cant get over the 270fps mark.

Comment

I do have a query about using a NPAS. What sort of fps variation do you get when using one? I know that in normal circumstances you get a variance due to things like temperature, is that still the case with a NPAS?

Comment

Short answer is...yes.

There will always be a variation with GBBRs.
                  I had to re chrono half way through the day because of it at my last game, in the cool morning air i got 360..360...345...340..340, then after half the day had gone and things warmed up considerably (and i hurt a couple of players) i re chronoed and got 385...385...370....370....365.
                  But having the NPAS in there i was able to tweak it back down to sub 350 in 5mins flat and off i went again.

Without NPAS that would have been my gun out for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
                    I do have a query about using a NPAS. What sort of fps variation do you get when using one? I know that in normal circumstances you get a variance due to things like temperature, is that still the case with a NPAS?
                    Yes, if your site limit is 350 it's probably best to set it to about 330 incase it goes up over that. After all it's still gas expanding which is pretty difficult to control outside.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Comment

I have a uk spec G39 without a npas and it fires 328.(on green/propane) I've only really used it indoors though. I haven't got the mags to run it in woodland and stuff. Running around outside in direct sunlight would heat the mags up a bit and then the fps would go up. If that happens I would just use 134a and fps will be instantly reduced. But for the last 5 months I've had no problems.

Comment

I believe my at last chrono was 360 ish on green gas. But i think the fps is different depending on the model ie C K or E. I have the RAS version. I'm sure I have seen it on a HK website somewhere, either that or my brain's gone AWOL.

Comment

I don't believe there is a UK spec G39.
                          My own clocked in at 400fps stock from one retailer but another G39 I ordered for a friend from another retailer rarely hits over 350. Bit odd.

Seems to be luck of the draw.

Comment

They are nozzled for different markets.
                            The first few of any WE release seem to come nozzled for upwards of 400fps
                            Both my G39 and L85 were well over 350fps out of the box.
                            But as they seem to become more widespread they come sub 350fps
                            I use the term "UK spec" loosley as in they come sub 350fps as standard.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Discoshrew Find out more about Discoshrew
                            Working...
                            X