G36 Mid Caps - Which Ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36 Mid Caps - Which Ones?

Just bought a JG G36K for my 1st AEG, which comes with a 470 round high cap as standard. I'm wanting to get involved in Milsim, but I'm unsure as to what makes of magazine are good and which are to be avoided. I'm wanting about 4 mid caps, but which brand should I buy?

I've been recommended by one retailer to go with the "MAG" 100 round mid caps (2-pack), which I can buy for £20 + £10 postage (which seems a bit steep to me).

The other brand interesting me is the "King Arms" 95 round mid caps (5-pack), which I can buy for £35 + £8.50 postage, which seems like the better option financially.......but are they any good?

Questions :-

MAG or King Arms (or any other make)?
    Why don't mid caps need wound?
    How do they feed without being wound?
    Do I require a speed loader and if so why?
    Which speedloader do you recommend?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but it really is all new to me.

Thanks.

Ryan
    sigpic

Re: G36 Mid Caps - Which Ones?

Im not sure about what make, but:
    Mid caps have the bb pushed in by the speedloader which compresses the spring.
    basically on your highcap where the bb comes out, is where you put it in on a mid cap.
    So basically when you push the bb's in, it compresses a spring which in the end pushes them out. A speedloader basically makes it alot easier than using your fingers and is alot quicker. Any make of speedloader just make sure it has a big capacity or buy two.

hope that helps

Oli

Also feel free to correct me if im wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Spooros View Post
      Im not sure about what make, but:
      Mid caps have the bb pushed in by the speedloader which compresses the spring.
      basically on your highcap where the bb comes out, is where you put it in on a mid cap.
      So basically when you push the bb's in, it compresses a spring which in the end pushes them out. A speedloader basically makes it alot easier than using your fingers and is alot quicker. Any make of speedloader just make sure it has a big capacity or buy two.

hope that helps

Oli

Also feel free to correct me if im wrong
      Thanks for the explanation Oli.....makes sense to me now.

Just found some "Star" 140 round mid caps (5-pack) for £50 + postage. Seems pricey, considering I've now found the KA 5-pack available for £30.
      sigpic

Comment

I've got a STAR midcap for sale. Drop me a PM if your interested.

Comment

i could have sworn i've seen a box of 10 star mid-caps selling for 40 quid somewhere

Comment

just looked on zeroone and a box of 5 star mid-caps is selling for 35ish quid and a box of 10 lo-caps are selling for like 45ish quid

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Do you have experience of the Star mags vs the King Arms?

What is the build quality of each like? Are the 5-pack mags made of cheaper plastic and more likely to break or anything?

Nobody used the MAG mags?
              sigpic

Comment

i have actually got a brand new star g36 lo-cap for sale, other than holding it i have no experience with them, lol. it is good quality though and they are worth it

Comment

I have the 5 star midcaps and they have never miss fed on me or let me down yet. Only annoying thing is they always leave the last BB in the mag so it is hard to tell at a glance which mags are full and empty. Not really that big of an issue though.
                  "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

the King Arms ones wouldnt even fit in my G36 (Classic Army) so you may want to potentially stay away from that brand, or at least try before you buy
                    WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. I've ordered the 5-pack of Star mid-caps from Z1.

Ryan
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Private Ryan Find out more about Private Ryan
                      Working...
                      X